Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> How Do You Convert a 901 Tail to a Side, What Parts Do You Need
doit2xs
post Feb 21 2006, 09:34 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,588
Region Association: None

Hi, take a Tail Shift 901 and make it a Side Shift. Can anyone tell me what parts from a side shift trans. I will need and how to do it. Thanks

Ok my 914 is a 1971 and already has a side shift trans. in her. But it is so bad that a rebuild would be costly. So I got a deal on a not to long ago rebuilt Tail Shift Trans.

It look to me that the Tail shift Trans. has a cover on the side were the side shift would mount.

Or would it be better to just switch the in sides of the two transmission. So I use the old case out of my car?

Or should I just switch the tail peices taking out the shift rod to the old tail shift trans and remove the cover on the side of the tail shift trans. and install the shift rod, housing and arm the ball cup snaps on. Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 08:20 AM