Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Looking at a '70 model - talk me into / out of it?
Dave_Darling
post Feb 22 2006, 11:36 PM
Post #21

914 Idiot

Group: Members
Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

Asking around here if trading a 2002 for a 914 is a lot like going to the crack house and asking if crack is good... You're unlikely to get any negative answers!

BTW, I agree with Britain. And I am one of the 2.0 drivers that he (used to) beat unmercifully with his "lowly" 1.7 car... By a very large margin, most of the time! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/sad.gif)

--DD
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mike McGrath
post Feb 23 2006, 12:20 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 3,225

I wasn't asking so much about the trade, as I've kinda committed myself to that. I really like the 2002 (okay, I've learned to like it as I've spent hours fixing up the interior), but I just didn't know if the 1970 is a "bad" first 914 experience. For a straight trade, I'm satisfied. I'll probably end up putting in just as much money fixing the 914 as I would completing the 2002, but in the end I'll have a car I can drive to WCC!!!

Of course, it helps if you know it'll be a project going in instead of finding out later! And to hear the 912 crowd, you're nuts to buy one unless you spend $$$ and get a pristine model from the get go. I think sometimes we / they forget that part of the fun of these cars is the ability to actually fix minor problems instead of towing it to the local dealership.

+Quote Post
Joe Ricard
post Feb 23 2006, 07:21 AM
Post #23

CUMONIWANNARACEU

Member No.: 92

As mentioned above, everything is bolt on from a newer car. center console etc.
Pedrini is a nice wheel only 2 pounds heavier than a FUCHS but VERY strong and I have never seen a bent one. I got a spare early Pedrini when you are ready.
all Porsche 914 alloys have the same backspace so no worries there and if te car still has early front hubs than ALL the 4 lug wheels fit including the fancy shmansy FUCHS.

So you better go get it before I do. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 01:12 PM