Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT-Can anyone profide a home for Kya, I can't provide what she needs
DonTraver
post Feb 23 2006, 02:22 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,461

Kya needs a new home. Let me start with some background. I got Kya 5-6 months ago. I had been planning on going to the pound to adopt a dog. When my neighbor Toni came by and told me that a breeder she knew was looking for a home for Kya at no cost.

I talked with the Breeder about adopting Kya. I told the Breeder that I lived in a condo, that it had no yard, and specifically asked to make sure that condo living was acceptable for Kya. While I’m no expert on dogs, I do know enough to know that some breeds require specific environments. The Breeder assured me that condo living was perfectly ok for a Wiemaraner. So I said ok, I went to pick Kya up, and just fell for her when she crawled up in my lap.

I have since found out reading books, the Humane Society, and Wiemaraner Rescue that condo living is not acceptable for a Wiemaraner. She has to have a place with a yard where she can run. Wiemaraner are bred to run all day hunting. If they can’t run daily it will eventually affect their health. Wiemerieniers have also been bred to be outside during the day and inside at night. Wiemaraner have also been bred to interact with people and need contact with people, they are also protective towards their owners. Kya will generally follow me from room to room and just lay down while I do what ever I’m up too. The only time she gets excited in the house is when she needs to go outside to do her thing. While I own my condo, I can’t afford to sell it and buy a place with a yard. Anyone that lives in Southern Calif. knows what housing prices are, insane.

Kya has had all her shots, and it very healthy, her last check-up was just over a month ago. She has shown one food allergy, Kibbles & Bits. So she is back on IAM’s puppy chow and doing very well. Her treats are also from IAM’s. I use Frontline for fleas and Heart Guard every month. Kya is house trained and hasn’t had an accident in months, even when I’ve had an appointment run over. If I take her out after 9pm, she will not have any accidents at night either. She is also crate trained and often takes naps in her crate. We are also learning clicker training, so far so good. She does like to rip up paper napkins, plates and cardboard boxes. If you give her food, treats on a paper plate, she’ll eat the plate too, lol. She will try to beg food, but if you tell her to go lay down, she will, she is after all, still a puppy.

I have been taking Kya to a day care center a couple of times a week since I’ve had her, she does really well playing with children, those members who have met her at one of Joe’s BBQ’s can attest that she’s very socialized with people. She’s still a puppy (9 months) and loves to play with other dogs at the dog parks. I try to get her there as often as I can, but have been averaging 5-8 doctor and physical therapy appointments each week for the last couple of months and that will continue.

My main goal is to find Kya a new home where she can be happy and just be a dog.

I will bring Kya to you, or pay for her transportation to you after we talk on the phone to make sure that Kya will be a good fit for you and your family. I will bring all her stuff too.

Needless to say, I’ve become quite attached to Kya and making this decision hasn’t been easy, it has affected me more than I expected But I need to do what’s best for her, I want her to have a happy and great life in a suitable environment that I can’t provide for her.

So if there’s anyone who would like to have Kya, a really beautiful wonderful little girl. Please let me know.

Thanks, Don
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
DonTraver   OT-Can anyone profide a home for Kya   Feb 23 2006, 02:22 PM
DonTraver   I forgot to add a picture. This was taken last Mo...   Feb 23 2006, 02:23 PM
ninefourteener   St. Louis and California are a long way away.... o...   Feb 23 2006, 02:36 PM
KaptKaos   How is she with cats and small kids? I know she...   Feb 23 2006, 02:43 PM
d914   great dog and far from being a condo dog!...   Feb 23 2006, 02:54 PM
Aaron Cox   don, i have 2 female golden retrievers... and a ya...   Feb 23 2006, 02:57 PM
9146986   Darn, I thought by the title Kya was an exotic dan...   Feb 23 2006, 08:38 PM
MW 914   She was a damn good dog while at the BBQ. A good ...   Feb 23 2006, 08:47 PM
DonTraver   She got chased by a cat a few months ago, keeps he...   Feb 23 2006, 08:48 PM
Eric_Shea   Does she have long hair? Is she a pure-bred? Our...   Feb 23 2006, 08:53 PM
Headrage   Ya think she would mind relocation to Bakersfield?   Feb 23 2006, 08:55 PM
DonTraver   She's a Long haired Weimaraners, pure breed. ...   Feb 23 2006, 09:04 PM
Headrage   Sent ya a PM.   Feb 23 2006, 09:07 PM
Lou W   Don, Im sorry to hear the news about Kya, she sure...   Feb 23 2006, 09:11 PM
john rogers   I have a large shipping cage that I can donate (th...   Feb 23 2006, 10:33 PM
Hawktel   Yeah not sure what crak pipe the breeder was smoki...   Feb 24 2006, 01:36 AM
MattR     Feb 24 2006, 01:45 AM
Flat VW   She is also a very beautiful color, kinda of a sil...   Feb 24 2006, 07:54 AM
DonTraver   Won't go into what I think of the breeder, thi...   Feb 24 2006, 08:19 AM
Dead Air   http://www.914world.com/bbs2/ht...   Feb 26 2006, 09:09 PM
gregrobbins   I am impressed with how you are handling this Don....   Feb 26 2006, 10:58 PM
sean_v8_914   I wonder what Fred would think of her. Is she fixe...   Feb 27 2006, 12:19 AM
sean_v8_914   he is always in teh garage with me. I wonder if th...   Feb 27 2006, 12:22 AM
Mueller   I'll ask my HR director if she would be intere...   Feb 27 2006, 12:28 AM
DonTraver   Kya follow me around the house too, she does not b...   Feb 27 2006, 09:53 AM
SoCal Driver   Don good luck finding a new home for her, they are...   Feb 27 2006, 03:02 PM
rhodyguy   similar breed to my vizsla (eva, smartest dog i...   Feb 27 2006, 04:12 PM
DonTraver   I know I will miss her, letting her go isn't e...   Feb 27 2006, 06:26 PM
DonTraver   Kya is in a new home. A couple in OC who have had...   Mar 4 2006, 06:46 PM
Grimstead   Glad to see it worked out well ...   Mar 4 2006, 07:04 PM
tdgray   Good deal Don... Dogs are gods angels on earth......   Mar 4 2006, 07:38 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 05:49 PM