Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Photos in profile, feature request
Rand
post Feb 24 2006, 09:13 PM
Post #1

Cross Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,573
Region Association: None

There are a couple of cool nailed threads that let us see what members and their cars look like...
What the heck do you look like? ...
Members 914 pictures...

But it can take a lot of time to go through those threads looking for someone... and they might not be there.

In every post, the member's name is a link to their profile, with personal info; Web page, location, interests, etc. That would be the perfect place to have a couple optional photos - At least one for the person and one for a car.

I think it would be cool to be able to click on a member's name and see their mug shot and their car.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Feb 24 2006, 10:16 PM
Post #2

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE (Rand @ Feb 24 2006, 07:13 PM)
In every post, the member's name is a link to their profile, with personal info; Web page, location, interests, etc. That would be the perfect place to have a couple optional photos - At least one for the person and one for a car.

put 'em in your blog?

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/confused24.gif) Andy
+Quote Post
Rand
post Mar 1 2006, 12:53 PM
Post #3

Cross Member

Member No.: 3,573

But people don't.

I think people would be more likely to put their photo in a place that was made for putting their photo, than somewhere in their blog.

Putting it in the blog where it would get lost amongst other bloggage isn't much different than posting it in the nailed threads.

I like the direct simple approach better than the search around and try to find approach. Want to know about a member? Click their name. The "user information" section of a user's profile is a logical place for it.

Anyway... just throwing around an idea I would like, that's all.

*** EDIT *** Never mind, this is all moot now since the forum software upgrade. Everyone's "card" now has this feature.
+Quote Post
tommy914
post May 25 2006, 10:34 AM
Post #4

Life is a journey, enjoy every turn.

Member No.: 1,165

I like the "registry" feature over at renntech.org.
This lets you put up pictures and list upgrades you have added. Also they tie the registry pictures to the main page where they randomly show different cars.

They are using the registry software from http://www.fusionscripts.com/ but they are using Invision Power Board for the forum stuff.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 08:40 PM