Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Photos in profile
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rand
There are a couple of cool nailed threads that let us see what members and their cars look like...
What the heck do you look like? ...
Members 914 pictures...

But it can take a lot of time to go through those threads looking for someone... and they might not be there.

In every post, the member's name is a link to their profile, with personal info; Web page, location, interests, etc. That would be the perfect place to have a couple optional photos - At least one for the person and one for a car.

I think it would be cool to be able to click on a member's name and see their mug shot and their car.
SirAndy
QUOTE (Rand @ Feb 24 2006, 07:13 PM)
In every post, the member's name is a link to their profile, with personal info; Web page, location, interests, etc. That would be the perfect place to have a couple optional photos - At least one for the person and one for a car.

put 'em in your blog?

confused24.gif Andy
Rand
But people don't.

I think people would be more likely to put their photo in a place that was made for putting their photo, than somewhere in their blog.

Putting it in the blog where it would get lost amongst other bloggage isn't much different than posting it in the nailed threads.

I like the direct simple approach better than the search around and try to find approach. Want to know about a member? Click their name. The "user information" section of a user's profile is a logical place for it.

Anyway... just throwing around an idea I would like, that's all.

*** EDIT *** Never mind, this is all moot now since the forum software upgrade. Everyone's "card" now has this feature.
tommy914
I like the "registry" feature over at renntech.org.
This lets you put up pictures and list upgrades you have added. Also they tie the registry pictures to the main page where they randomly show different cars.

They are using the registry software from http://www.fusionscripts.com/ but they are using Invision Power Board for the forum stuff.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.