Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> EvilBay!, Shilling..
914werke
post Sep 9 2003, 12:05 AM
Post #1

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Group: Members
Member No.: 453
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Just curious if anyone had any such experiance or am I just paranoid? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Alexlitov
post Sep 9 2003, 12:39 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 615

There are a ton of crooks on evilbay. There was a guy arrested a few month back, he stole a lot sum of money by selling computers. At first he was sending them out to customers, but then he decided to keep 100% profit. He even paid people $50 for leaving him possitive feedback before receiving the goods.

Also be careful if you receive 'ebay' e-mails asking for you to login. Ebay will never e-mail you anything like that. I have gotten a few e-mails like that before, they look very real to a person who never suspectes anything.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
VegasRacer
post Sep 9 2003, 01:11 AM
Post #3

ELVIRA

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 481
Region Association: None

A few months ago I was bidding on an item where shill bidding was used. I was able to prove it by the same pattern in several past auctions by that seller. Ebay will not do anything to protect you as a buyer if it will interfere with their profits.

After the auction ended the shill 'winner' contacted me and said they changed their mind and offered to sell me the item. I told them to (IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif)
+Quote Post
GWN7
post Sep 9 2003, 01:20 AM
Post #4

King of Road Trips

Member No.: 56
Region Association: Northstar Region

If you report the fake emails to Evilbay, they will take action. Why, because it effects their profits.

Vegas, you should have offered them 1/2 what the bids were and then reported them to Evilbay when they rejected your offer. Evilbay would have taken action, because they loose out on the commision on the sale. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 02:01 AM