Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: EvilBay!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914werke
Just curious if anyone had any such experiance or am I just paranoid? sad.gif
Alexlitov
There are a ton of crooks on evilbay. There was a guy arrested a few month back, he stole a lot sum of money by selling computers. At first he was sending them out to customers, but then he decided to keep 100% profit. He even paid people $50 for leaving him possitive feedback before receiving the goods.

Also be careful if you receive 'ebay' e-mails asking for you to login. Ebay will never e-mail you anything like that. I have gotten a few e-mails like that before, they look very real to a person who never suspectes anything.

sad.gif
VegasRacer
A few months ago I was bidding on an item where shill bidding was used. I was able to prove it by the same pattern in several past auctions by that seller. Ebay will not do anything to protect you as a buyer if it will interfere with their profits.

After the auction ended the shill 'winner' contacted me and said they changed their mind and offered to sell me the item. I told them to finger.gif
GWN7
If you report the fake emails to Evilbay, they will take action. Why, because it effects their profits.

Vegas, you should have offered them 1/2 what the bids were and then reported them to Evilbay when they rejected your offer. Evilbay would have taken action, because they loose out on the commision on the sale. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.