Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fuel line replacement, crossed with brake line. NOK?
yarin
post Mar 11 2006, 08:23 PM
Post #1

'14-X'in FOOL

Group: Members
Member No.: 693
Region Association: North East States

I know it shouldnt have happened, but should I be concerned if the 3/8" brake line i ran in the tunnel is crossed with the brake line in there? I guess my concern is that over time with excess vibration the lines could rub against each other and fail. Both are steel brake lines however. comments?

I replaced the stock lines in the tunnel today with 60" 5/16 and 3/8 brake line with compression fittings. the 5/16 was damn easy, just slid right in. The 3/8 line was a bit of a pain. I ran a wire through the new line as a guide. Worked pretty well. The bends were pretty easy to form. I just used a standard pipe bender. A few extra inches on the standard 60" line would have been nice to make it easier to form the 90degree at the rear firewall. So far so good, tomorrow I'll run the rest.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
URY914
post Mar 11 2006, 09:31 PM
Post #2

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 222
Region Association: None

QUOTE (yarin @ Mar 11 2006, 06:23 PM)
I guess my concern is that over time with excess vibration the lines could rub against each other and fail. Both are steel brake lines however. comments?

They'll fail in about a hundred years. Two items of the same material take a long time to wear out. Don't worry 'bout it.
+Quote Post
Tobra
post Mar 12 2006, 06:13 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,634

stick a little piece of pipe insulationor split a little lenght of rubber hose and put it between them as a buffer, that will give you 200 years
+Quote Post
toon1
post Mar 12 2006, 07:09 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 5,022

you could have use 5/16 on all and been ok. If you look at the old plastic tubing, it is the same dia.. I think the only reason thy use a bigger dia. metal tube at the tank wall gromet is to identify the supply line.The fuel pump has all the same size outlets.

I used 5/16 on both, worked fine..
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 11:20 AM