Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel line replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yarin
I know it shouldnt have happened, but should I be concerned if the 3/8" brake line i ran in the tunnel is crossed with the brake line in there? I guess my concern is that over time with excess vibration the lines could rub against each other and fail. Both are steel brake lines however. comments?

I replaced the stock lines in the tunnel today with 60" 5/16 and 3/8 brake line with compression fittings. the 5/16 was damn easy, just slid right in. The 3/8 line was a bit of a pain. I ran a wire through the new line as a guide. Worked pretty well. The bends were pretty easy to form. I just used a standard pipe bender. A few extra inches on the standard 60" line would have been nice to make it easier to form the 90degree at the rear firewall. So far so good, tomorrow I'll run the rest.

URY914
QUOTE (yarin @ Mar 11 2006, 06:23 PM)
I guess my concern is that over time with excess vibration the lines could rub against each other and fail. Both are steel brake lines however. comments?

They'll fail in about a hundred years. Two items of the same material take a long time to wear out. Don't worry 'bout it.
Tobra
stick a little piece of pipe insulationor split a little lenght of rubber hose and put it between them as a buffer, that will give you 200 years
toon1
you could have use 5/16 on all and been ok. If you look at the old plastic tubing, it is the same dia.. I think the only reason thy use a bigger dia. metal tube at the tank wall gromet is to identify the supply line.The fuel pump has all the same size outlets.

I used 5/16 on both, worked fine..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.