Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> rebuild your door stay, a pictorial guide
buck toenges
post Apr 17 2014, 07:37 PM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,388
Region Association: None

Hate to bring this up after reading a thread on how the forum is being swamped by old stuff But.....

I just rebuilt my door stays with mikey's kit. I have a question about the black roller. Is it suppose to roll? It is a tight squeeze and doesn't want to rotate very easily. Does the black plastic roller need to be sanded down to not be so wide in the stay assembly?

Thanks,
Buck
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
davesprinkle
post Apr 17 2014, 09:18 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 2,943

QUOTE(buck toenges @ Apr 17 2014, 06:37 PM) *

Hate to bring this up after reading a thread on how the forum is being swamped by old stuff But.....

I just rebuilt my door stays with mikey's kit. I have a question about the black roller. Is it suppose to roll? It is a tight squeeze and doesn't want to rotate very easily. Does the black plastic roller need to be sanded down to not be so wide in the stay assembly?

Thanks,
Buck

Yeah, the rollers should roll. If they don't fit on the cam, you should contact Mikey.
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Apr 17 2014, 11:46 PM
Post #43

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348

QUOTE(buck toenges @ Apr 17 2014, 06:37 PM) *

Thanks,
Buck

Drop me a PM. I can walk you through it. Basically, make sure they are lubed an clean. If you are reusing the door strap should be cleaned also.
-Mark
+Quote Post
buck toenges
post Apr 30 2014, 07:23 PM
Post #44

Member No.: 1,388

I have installed the kit and put the door stays back into the car. When you open the door, there is a click as the door opens up at around 45 degrees. If you look at the strap there is a "wave" pattern. As the door extends to the first wave it works well. As the door opens and gets to the second wave on the strap there is an audible click.

Both doors do it at the same location, the second wave. Anybody have this problem?
I think I have to grind down some of the second wave to stop the click.
My next move is to take off the door stay of my other 914 and see if it is the strap or something else.
+Quote Post
davesprinkle
post Apr 30 2014, 08:41 PM
Post #45

Member No.: 2,943

This click is from the force reversal at the camshaft taking up the clearance at the pin on the jamb. You can reduce this by replacing the worn pin, but you probably won't be able to completely eliminate it.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 02:47 AM