Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rub one out?, Not what your thinkin...Car content
TINCAN914
post Mar 25 2006, 07:11 AM
Post #1

Summer's Commin...

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,611
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Well I got your attention didn't I? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/laugh.gif)

The car I bought a few weeks ago was freshly painted, not a real nice job, but it works for now.

A few weeks ago, I had to park the car in the driveway, with no room in the garage, fixed that problem. Well we had some rain, and to avoid getting water in the car, I put a thin drop cloth over the top to protect from leaks, I then put the car cover over it. Kept the water out, but the plastic left marks / pattern on part of the painted targa top and where the sail panels would be. I'm affraid to try and polish or buff it out, but it's killin me. Can anyone suggest how to take it out? I don't know if it is because the clear was not dry or if the tarp had some oil residue of lubricant etc that caused it, but still don't want to screw it up further..
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
bmunday   Rub one out?   Mar 25 2006, 07:11 AM
Headrage   Try some regular car polish on it first. If that ...   Mar 25 2006, 09:01 AM
bmunday   ...   Mar 25 2006, 09:06 AM
DonTraver   First, put out the yellow pages, find the closest ...   Mar 25 2006, 09:15 AM
bmunday   Thanks Don.. See if I can get it done this weekend...   Mar 25 2006, 09:19 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 07:17 PM