Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> GRRRRR
-P-
post Sep 13 2003, 05:40 PM
Post #1

P-Factor

Group: Members
Member No.: 873

Well it started out as a nice day replacing the strut inserts on my car. Did the 1st side, and after realizing how it all worked realized you didnt need need to pull the strut off to replace the insert moved on to the second. 30 minutes later while giving everything a once over on the second side I noticed a bit of play in the strut when shaking it making sure everything was secure.. I though for a moment and didnt remember putting the collar on the strut insert. So I check the box and there is none to be found. I read the box (which was obviously opened before) and saw "Def" written on it. The strut had never been installed but the collar was missing.... So no driving this weekend and early this week until I contact Pelican. Needless to say I am a bit pissed as I already had to settle for the Bilsteins after they called a couple days past when the order was placed and asked what else I would settle for because they were out of Konis sports....

I will call them 1st thing Monday and I am sure they will make it right.

On a side note, every single Koni that I took off, both front and back, was leaking, and leaking bad.

Lessons learned:
Pipe wrenches kick ass
Check the boxes for all the pieces before you start.
The second side on a project always goes 100% quicker.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
-P-   GRRRRR   Sep 13 2003, 05:40 PM
mharrison   Gee this sounds like my life!!! It...   Sep 13 2003, 05:47 PM
-P-  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 08:51 PM