Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help with Oil Leak, At the pressure sensor
D1A3
post Mar 31 2006, 05:35 PM
Post #1

Gruppe Neun Vierzehn Südosten

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,152
Region Association: South East States

Hi Guys,

I've got an oil leak at my pressure sensor. Pulled the sensor and it visually looks OK. Seems to be letting oil past the threads. What's the best way to seal this up? Should I just buy a new pressure sensor, find some sort of seal at my FLAPS, use some *goop* ???

I need to get this fixed tonight, so please let me know any recomendations.

Thanks,
Jason
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
lapuwali
post Mar 31 2006, 05:47 PM
Post #2

Not another one!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,743

There should be a fiber washer providing a seal. If that's not there, a bit of goop (just a BIT) will help. Some teflon tape on the threads might work, though that may also prevent the sensor from grounding properly (so the light will always be out).
+Quote Post
D1A3
post Mar 31 2006, 06:28 PM
Post #3

Gruppe Neun Vierzehn Südosten

Member No.: 2,152
Region Association: South East States

Fiber washer? If I buy a new one will it come with it? Thinking about a new one anyway with two poles so i can hook up a pressure gauge too.

If I use *goop*, what is the correct type?

Thanks,
Jason
+Quote Post
Cap'n Krusty
post Mar 31 2006, 06:49 PM
Post #4

Cap'n Krusty

Member No.: 2,246
Region Association: Central California

The pressure sender, as it's known, has 1/8" NPT threads, and has NO washer. Tightened properly, the threads shouldn't leak. A little plumber's pipe sealant works well, if you want to use something. NEVER use teflon tape! You want a genuine VW or European style sender. 021 919 081B is the part number, and the list price is under 6 bucks. If you get one with a washer and straight threads, it's the wrong part. It will damage the hole, and isn't calibrated correctly. Any VW shop should carry them. Takes a 24mm socket to install it. If you want to use a dual sender, one for both a light and a gauge, it gets a lot more complicated and more expensive. As it won't fit down into the hole in the tin, you need a means of making it remote, generally a grease gun hose, and a place to mount it, as well as a means of grounding the new unit. The Cap'n
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 07:33 AM