Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> The curse of the The Beast, It continues!
nine14cats
post Apr 4 2006, 10:18 AM
Post #1

Bill Pickering -- 914-6 GT aka....Leeloo

Group: Members
Member No.: 287
Region Association: None

Wow, talk about a project that continues to keep on giving (ulcers!)...... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif)

I went this weekend to pick up my 3.0 liter engine that I had found for The Beast several weeks ago. Instead of finding a complete motor, I found the thing in pieces. The picture that had been sent to me was from days before someone had taken it apart. Not even a longblock. More like a short to mid block.

The seller also said he would need to owe me some parts since he hadn't found all the boxes of parts in his garage. After looking at it, I declined the motor. I had sent a $50 check to hold the motor, and he gave the money back to me.

I wonder why they would misrepresent the condition of the engine? One of the reasons I want an intact engine is that I get to disassemble it and inspect pieces as I go, versus digging through a hunk of junk in oily cardboard boxes. Several times during the course of my negotitations I asked about the motor. That's how I got the picture.

Oh well....back to looking for an engine..... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/laugh.gif)

Bill P.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 09:00 PM