Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A-1 Cardone Dizzy Questions
mharrison
post Sep 19 2003, 07:32 PM
Post #21

Why do I bother????

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,123

I just received mine and it has part number 022 905 205 F which according to a prior post by Bleyseng is:

Displ. Part Number Start RPM Adv@RPM Adv@RPM Adv@RPM End
1.7 022 905 205 E/F 700-1050 10-15@1500 14-19@2000 22-27@3000

It would appear that I fortunately received a genuine 914 distributor!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dance.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Air_Cooled_Nut
post Sep 19 2003, 10:39 PM
Post #22

914 Ronin - 914 owner who lost his 914club.com

Member No.: 584
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Charles Deutsch @ Sep 16 2003, 02:45 PM)
Have you tried taking your old dizzy to a P-car mechanic to have it rebuilt? The guy I deal with has been able to get me every Porsche part I've needed so far so I'm guessing that he could probably rebuild the distributor with the right parts too.

Long story short, my dizzy is wobbly as well (IMG:http://vwvortex.rely.net/zeroforum_graphics/mad.gif) I've tried and tried and tried again to get the timing correct as well as keep the car idling AND starting, including tweaking the idle adjustment, and all to no avail. Damn I'm pissed!! The builder of this engine SUCKED!

So, is a rebuild cheaper than an outright new unit? Can they check my vacuum canister to make sure it's within specs? And most importantly, is there such a shop in the PDX area, preferably Beaverton (Motor Sports International on Cornell?)?
+Quote Post
mharrison
post Sep 20 2003, 10:26 AM
Post #23

Why do I bother????

Member No.: 1,123

Well at about $50 for a new (rebuilt) unit as an outright purchase, (no core charge) I would imagine this would be cheaper, or at least a better deal.

Now, As my car is carburated do I need this vacuum advance? If so what do I hook it up to? (vacuum from the carb I assume?) I'm running dual Dellorto 40's. My old distributor did not have the vacuum canister nor the opening in the side for it.

-Matt
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Sep 20 2003, 10:36 AM
Post #24

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

All the rebuilt ones I have seen had good vac adv canisters, but you can test it yourself. I would rather have a rebuilt by A1 than a local guy plus its cheaper. The only P guy I would trust would be Otto's, and their rebuilts go for $135. PP doesn't even list a new unit as available.
Seems like most rebuilt engine guys don't include a good dizzy these days!

Geoff
+Quote Post
Air_Cooled_Nut
post Sep 20 2003, 10:41 AM
Post #25

914 Ronin - 914 owner who lost his 914club.com

Member No.: 584
Region Association: None

QUOTE(mharrison @ Sep 20 2003, 08:26 AM)
Well at about $50 for a new (rebuilt) unit as an outright purchase, (no core charge) I would imagine this would be cheaper, or at least a better deal.

Now, As my car is carburated do I need this vacuum advance? If so what do I hook it up to? (vacuum from the carb I assume?) I'm running dual Dellorto 40's. My old distributor did not have the vacuum canister nor the opening in the side for it.

-Matt

For my other VW I know you would have to use a mechanical advance dizzy (like a 009 or 050) and I would assume such a dizzy would work on a carbed T4 engine as well. I'd be interested in a dizzy that could feed off the Dells!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 12:48 PM