Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is that a new Porsche?, I'm still laughing
airsix
post Sep 17 2003, 12:58 PM
Post #1

I have bees in my epiglotis

Group: Members
Member No.: 266

Someone I know (wife's friend) saw my 914 today for the first time. She asked "That's a neat Porsche. Is it new?" Huh? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) She thought it was new and asked "Why does Jamie have to drive a Honda and you get to drive a new Porsche?" She couldn't beleive it was 30 years old (must need glasses). I just said Jamie want's the new car with air conditioning. I was in a hurry and didn't have time to talk about things like solid engine mounts, big torsion bars and stageII clutches. (You know, all the things a wife/mom looks for in a comfy daily driver)

She made a point to let me know she liked it (and seemd scornful that it wasn't my wifes ride)

-Ben M. (w/ a new* Porsche 914)

*As viewed from 50 yards from the back of a trotting horse
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
need4speed
post Sep 17 2003, 02:19 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 564

QUOTE(airsix @ Sep 17 2003, 10:58 AM)
..... She couldn't beleive it was 30 years old (must need glasses). ....

It must not have been Signal Orange, or one of those other psychadelic colors that just scream "1971!!!"
+Quote Post
seanery
post Sep 17 2003, 02:24 PM
Post #3

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100
Region Association: None

Orange 914 coming up!
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-2-1063829954.jpg)
+Quote Post
Boldylocks
post Sep 17 2003, 02:38 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 1,135

Not a very uncommon response believe it or not. I actually have a period of my history during which the 914 literally fell off of my radar. Then, I moved to San Diego and needed a second car and wanted something 'different, classic, and eternal'. I thought of a Ghia, looked at a few older Alphas, and test drove a 2.0 2L - and became addicted.
THEN, I noticed how few 914's I see in a day and found myself being asked if it was new, were there many made etc.

I'm happy the car only looks 'newer' everyday, its good for us owners. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chatsmiley.gif)
+Quote Post
olav
post Sep 17 2003, 02:46 PM
Post #5

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 34
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Boldylocks @ Sep 17 2003, 12:38 PM)
Not a very uncommon response believe it or not. I actually have a period of my history during which the 914 literally fell off of my radar. Then, I moved to San Diego and needed a second car and wanted something 'different, classic, and eternal'. I thought of a Ghia, looked at a few older Alphas, and test drove a 2.0 2L - and became addicted.
THEN, I noticed how few 914's I see in a day and found myself being asked if it was new, were there many made etc.

I'm happy the car only looks 'newer' everyday, its good for us owners. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chatsmiley.gif)

Yeah, I get kids hanging out of mini-vans yelling "Cool Car" at me.
+Quote Post
airsix
post Sep 17 2003, 02:53 PM
Post #6

I have bees in my epiglotis

Member No.: 266

QUOTE(Boldylocks @ Sep 17 2003, 12:38 PM)
THEN, I noticed how few 914's I see in a day...

In a day? He he. I haven't seen another 914 since June or July. We were both so shocked I think we both nearly crashed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
-Ben M.
+Quote Post
Boldylocks
post Sep 17 2003, 04:14 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 1,135

Yeah, well, I guess my 'in a day' statement was a little exagerated (spelling? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) ).
truth is, I generally see at least one 914 a week and interestingly its not the same one (San Diego for all you fans out there).
But, now that you make me think about it, I havent seen one in the past few weeks. Perhaps the San Diego NineWunFooos are in mourning over my cars heart failure!!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol2.gif)
+Quote Post
Hawktel
post Sep 17 2003, 04:43 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 506

Humm you should try it here in Ogden. In the 3 years I've been looking, I've laid eyes, on 3 different cars. There is a guy with a Signal Orange early car, a Yellow late model, and a Primer black conversion car. Between these three rides I've laid eye's on them collectivly 8 times. In 3 years. And I look for them.

I've been chasing down the Signal Orange car, trying to drop him a line on the site, But I always see him going the other way, while in Traffic. Someday.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:47 AM