Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is that a new Porsche?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
airsix
Someone I know (wife's friend) saw my 914 today for the first time. She asked "That's a neat Porsche. Is it new?" Huh? blink.gif She thought it was new and asked "Why does Jamie have to drive a Honda and you get to drive a new Porsche?" She couldn't beleive it was 30 years old (must need glasses). I just said Jamie want's the new car with air conditioning. I was in a hurry and didn't have time to talk about things like solid engine mounts, big torsion bars and stageII clutches. (You know, all the things a wife/mom looks for in a comfy daily driver)

She made a point to let me know she liked it (and seemd scornful that it wasn't my wifes ride)

-Ben M. (w/ a new* Porsche 914)

*As viewed from 50 yards from the back of a trotting horse
need4speed
QUOTE(airsix @ Sep 17 2003, 10:58 AM)
..... She couldn't beleive it was 30 years old (must need glasses). ....

It must not have been Signal Orange, or one of those other psychadelic colors that just scream "1971!!!"
seanery
Orange 914 coming up!
IPB Image
Boldylocks
Not a very uncommon response believe it or not. I actually have a period of my history during which the 914 literally fell off of my radar. Then, I moved to San Diego and needed a second car and wanted something 'different, classic, and eternal'. I thought of a Ghia, looked at a few older Alphas, and test drove a 2.0 2L - and became addicted.
THEN, I noticed how few 914's I see in a day and found myself being asked if it was new, were there many made etc.

I'm happy the car only looks 'newer' everyday, its good for us owners. chatsmiley.gif
olav
QUOTE(Boldylocks @ Sep 17 2003, 12:38 PM)
Not a very uncommon response believe it or not. I actually have a period of my history during which the 914 literally fell off of my radar. Then, I moved to San Diego and needed a second car and wanted something 'different, classic, and eternal'. I thought of a Ghia, looked at a few older Alphas, and test drove a 2.0 2L - and became addicted.
THEN, I noticed how few 914's I see in a day and found myself being asked if it was new, were there many made etc.

I'm happy the car only looks 'newer' everyday, its good for us owners. chatsmiley.gif

Yeah, I get kids hanging out of mini-vans yelling "Cool Car" at me.
airsix
QUOTE(Boldylocks @ Sep 17 2003, 12:38 PM)
THEN, I noticed how few 914's I see in a day...

In a day? He he. I haven't seen another 914 since June or July. We were both so shocked I think we both nearly crashed. laugh.gif
-Ben M.
Boldylocks
Yeah, well, I guess my 'in a day' statement was a little exagerated (spelling? smilie_pokal.gif ).
truth is, I generally see at least one 914 a week and interestingly its not the same one (San Diego for all you fans out there).
But, now that you make me think about it, I havent seen one in the past few weeks. Perhaps the San Diego NineWunFooos are in mourning over my cars heart failure!!!

lol2.gif
Hawktel
Humm you should try it here in Ogden. In the 3 years I've been looking, I've laid eyes, on 3 different cars. There is a guy with a Signal Orange early car, a Yellow late model, and a Primer black conversion car. Between these three rides I've laid eye's on them collectivly 8 times. In 3 years. And I look for them.

I've been chasing down the Signal Orange car, trying to drop him a line on the site, But I always see him going the other way, while in Traffic. Someday.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.