Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> AC compressor shrouds
agrump
post Apr 14 2006, 08:15 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,103

Does anyone have a picture of the AC compressor shrouds that came with the DPD systems? I need to make some to keep the heat out of the engine bay.

Thanks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
type47
post Apr 15 2006, 08:28 AM
Post #2

Viermeister

Member No.: 994
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

??? the engine tin was just trimmed to allow mounting of compressor. no special shrouds that i know of...
+Quote Post
agrump
post Apr 15 2006, 05:34 PM
Post #3

Hmmm, The DPD manual seems to indicate that there was some shrouding but the images from the PDF are impossible to see. Here is he section from the manual, take a look at step 1.49:

Attached Image

Today I worked on sealing the compressor a bit better. I put a seal on the side of the compressor and built a deflector that I welded onto the heater j-tube under the compressor. I think it's going to help keep out the hot air when the car is standing still but I have not tested it yet. I would still like to see the original pieces if they ever existed.
+Quote Post
MarkV
post Apr 15 2006, 05:42 PM
Post #4

Fear the Jack Stands

Member No.: 154
Region Association: None

This is what mine looks like. I made a section of the engine shelf removable. A shroud might work, show us a picture of what you are doing.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
agrump
post Apr 16 2006, 05:55 AM
Post #5

Here is my side seal, kind of tough getting it in with everything in the way, I still need to add some screws to the end of the metal strip to keep everything in place.:
Attached Image

I already installed the plate I made so the pictures are a little hard to make out. It looks like a three sided box. One side is welded to the J-tube:
Attached Image

Another side of the boxes faces toward the center of the car. It is cut even with the end of the oil cooler and has a slot cut out for the drive belt.
Attached Image

The third side of the box wraps around the back of the compressor. Toward the upper right of the picture is the fan shround and the upper left is the back of the compressor:
Attached Image

The heater valve is wedged right under the plate. It is a very tight fit but doesn't seem to rattle:
Attached Image
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Apr 16 2006, 07:39 AM
Post #6

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

Yes, there were shields.

But unfortunatley they were designed for the two lunged york compressor, and they don't work with the modern rotary compressors. You have to make your own.

I didn't bother on Betty's car. The minimal amount of air that gets recirculated has not raised the engine temp signifigantly.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 01:06 PM