Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AC compressor shrouds
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
agrump
Does anyone have a picture of the AC compressor shrouds that came with the DPD systems? I need to make some to keep the heat out of the engine bay.

Thanks!
type47
??? the engine tin was just trimmed to allow mounting of compressor. no special shrouds that i know of...
agrump
Hmmm, The DPD manual seems to indicate that there was some shrouding but the images from the PDF are impossible to see. Here is he section from the manual, take a look at step 1.49:

Click to view attachment

Today I worked on sealing the compressor a bit better. I put a seal on the side of the compressor and built a deflector that I welded onto the heater j-tube under the compressor. I think it's going to help keep out the hot air when the car is standing still but I have not tested it yet. I would still like to see the original pieces if they ever existed.
MarkV
This is what mine looks like. I made a section of the engine shelf removable. A shroud might work, show us a picture of what you are doing.
agrump
Here is my side seal, kind of tough getting it in with everything in the way, I still need to add some screws to the end of the metal strip to keep everything in place.:
Click to view attachment

I already installed the plate I made so the pictures are a little hard to make out. It looks like a three sided box. One side is welded to the J-tube:
Click to view attachment

Another side of the boxes faces toward the center of the car. It is cut even with the end of the oil cooler and has a slot cut out for the drive belt.
Click to view attachment

The third side of the box wraps around the back of the compressor. Toward the upper right of the picture is the fan shround and the upper left is the back of the compressor:
Click to view attachment

The heater valve is wedged right under the plate. It is a very tight fit but doesn't seem to rattle:
Click to view attachment
ClayPerrine
Yes, there were shields.

But unfortunatley they were designed for the two lunged york compressor, and they don't work with the modern rotary compressors. You have to make your own.

I didn't bother on Betty's car. The minimal amount of air that gets recirculated has not raised the engine temp signifigantly.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.