Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Suspension shopping list, 72 1.7
BK911
post Apr 17 2006, 09:47 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,674
Region Association: None

Hello,

The rear of my car is sitting about 22" from the fender arch to the floor. I assume the springs are worn out. The struts are definitely worn, I get sea sick driving over bumps. So it's time for a suspension overhaul. This car will never see the track, and probably won't even do an autocross. I wouldn't mind upgrading a little, but nothing drastic. Primarily a daily driver. So, what does the board recommend? Please help me compose a shopping list. Also, where do you guys buy your parts from?

Thanks,
BK

I just searched around. It looks like the prefered struts are Koni/Bilstein/Boge, in that order. Then 140# springs, turbo tie rods and call it a day.

I have a set of f/r sways from a 70 911. Will they bolt right on?

Thanks again.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Apr 17 2006, 11:02 AM
Post #2

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I just searched around. It looks like the prefered struts are Koni/Bilstein/Boge, in that order. Then 140# springs, turbo tie rods and call it a day.

I have a set of f/r sways from a 70 911. Will they bolt right on?

Looks like you've got it sussed.

Front sway is the same but the droplinks are about 1" longer (I can't remember, longer or shorter... I think longer) than the 911 counterparts. The rear will not bolt up.

For the rear you'll need to find a 914 bar along with the shock bolts that have the ball on them. Get a complete setup.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 12:51 PM