Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suspension shopping list
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BK911
Hello,

The rear of my car is sitting about 22" from the fender arch to the floor. I assume the springs are worn out. The struts are definitely worn, I get sea sick driving over bumps. So it's time for a suspension overhaul. This car will never see the track, and probably won't even do an autocross. I wouldn't mind upgrading a little, but nothing drastic. Primarily a daily driver. So, what does the board recommend? Please help me compose a shopping list. Also, where do you guys buy your parts from?

Thanks,
BK

I just searched around. It looks like the prefered struts are Koni/Bilstein/Boge, in that order. Then 140# springs, turbo tie rods and call it a day.

I have a set of f/r sways from a 70 911. Will they bolt right on?

Thanks again.
Eric_Shea
I just searched around. It looks like the prefered struts are Koni/Bilstein/Boge, in that order. Then 140# springs, turbo tie rods and call it a day.

I have a set of f/r sways from a 70 911. Will they bolt right on?

Looks like you've got it sussed.

Front sway is the same but the droplinks are about 1" longer (I can't remember, longer or shorter... I think longer) than the 911 counterparts. The rear will not bolt up.

For the rear you'll need to find a 914 bar along with the shock bolts that have the ball on them. Get a complete setup.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.