Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> More twists in the teener saga
pokey1168
post Apr 19 2006, 12:49 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,369

As some of you may know I had all but given up on the teener and had started looking into other project options and had looked at parting out the 914.
I talked to the Mrs. to let her know what was up with whole thing, only to have her
tell me " Don't part it out, I want to see it up and running". NOT what I had expected to hear. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif)
So three hours later the motor and tranny are out of the car. The gas tank is out (to see if the rust problem had reached anything there and replace the fuel lines while I have her down).
My lastest rust estimate is a little better since I have had the motor out.

floor pans (front and rear)
center tunnel repairs at the firewall
inner firewall
cross member (both sides)
the peddle assembly all works smootly but I am not sure of the mount
battery tray
inner upper fender well (right behind the battery)

Imagine filling a 914 with water and letting it sit. Where ever the water would sit the longest. That is what need replacing.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mudfoot76
post Apr 19 2006, 12:54 PM
Post #2

Currently teenerless :-(

Member No.: 1,814
Region Association: None

Well get to it then - your wife wants a 914! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif)
(How many of the rest of us wish their significant other would tell us to spend more time playing with our cars??)
+Quote Post
pokey1168
post Apr 19 2006, 05:54 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(mudfoot76 @ Apr 19 2006, 01:54 PM) *

Well get to it then - your wife wants a 914! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif)
(How many of the rest of us wish their significant other would tell us to spend more time playing with our cars??)

I swear I think it was a testosterone overdose from the baby. She has been around cars and racing her whole life but hasn't been real big on having a big project going at
the house. Till now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Apr 19 2006, 06:03 PM
Post #4

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

focus on getting the car structually sound 1st....a running, sagging chassis is more dangerous than a solid chassis not running (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Mike McGrath
post Apr 19 2006, 06:37 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 3,225

Please say that isn't your wife in the avatar. Marry a hot woman, she digs your car . . . what's next, you win the Lotto?
+Quote Post
pokey1168
post Apr 20 2006, 02:08 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(Mike McGrath @ Apr 19 2006, 07:37 PM) *

Please say that isn't your wife in the avatar. Marry a hot woman, she digs your car . . . what's next, you win the Lotto?

No that's not my wife. wouldn't trade em though.
The whole lottery possibility isn't a bad dream though. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
pokey1168
post Apr 20 2006, 02:16 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(Mueller @ Apr 19 2006, 07:03 PM) *

focus on getting the car structually sound 1st....a running, sagging chassis is more dangerous than a solid chassis not running (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I hear ya! I see way too many aircooled VWs in this area with a big motor, big carbs,
crappy brakes, and heater tubes you can see the ground through. They're not nearly as vital as a 914's longs, but still not a good situation.
My first line of work for this is going to be "rustoration". No drivetrain parts till the tub is done and ready for a fat boy like me to get in without breaking her back. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 05:12 AM