Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More twists in the teener saga
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pokey1168
As some of you may know I had all but given up on the teener and had started looking into other project options and had looked at parting out the 914.
I talked to the Mrs. to let her know what was up with whole thing, only to have her
tell me " Don't part it out, I want to see it up and running". NOT what I had expected to hear. screwy.gif screwy.gif
So three hours later the motor and tranny are out of the car. The gas tank is out (to see if the rust problem had reached anything there and replace the fuel lines while I have her down).
My lastest rust estimate is a little better since I have had the motor out.

floor pans (front and rear)
center tunnel repairs at the firewall
inner firewall
cross member (both sides)
the peddle assembly all works smootly but I am not sure of the mount
battery tray
inner upper fender well (right behind the battery)

Imagine filling a 914 with water and letting it sit. Where ever the water would sit the longest. That is what need replacing.

sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
mudfoot76
Well get to it then - your wife wants a 914! welder.gif smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif
(How many of the rest of us wish their significant other would tell us to spend more time playing with our cars??)
pokey1168
QUOTE(mudfoot76 @ Apr 19 2006, 01:54 PM) *

Well get to it then - your wife wants a 914! welder.gif smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif
(How many of the rest of us wish their significant other would tell us to spend more time playing with our cars??)

I swear I think it was a testosterone overdose from the baby. She has been around cars and racing her whole life but hasn't been real big on having a big project going at
the house. Till now boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Mueller
focus on getting the car structually sound 1st....a running, sagging chassis is more dangerous than a solid chassis not running smile.gif
Mike McGrath
Please say that isn't your wife in the avatar. Marry a hot woman, she digs your car . . . what's next, you win the Lotto?
pokey1168
QUOTE(Mike McGrath @ Apr 19 2006, 07:37 PM) *

Please say that isn't your wife in the avatar. Marry a hot woman, she digs your car . . . what's next, you win the Lotto?

No that's not my wife. wouldn't trade em though.
The whole lottery possibility isn't a bad dream though. biggrin.gif
pokey1168
QUOTE(Mueller @ Apr 19 2006, 07:03 PM) *

focus on getting the car structually sound 1st....a running, sagging chassis is more dangerous than a solid chassis not running smile.gif

I hear ya! I see way too many aircooled VWs in this area with a big motor, big carbs,
crappy brakes, and heater tubes you can see the ground through. They're not nearly as vital as a 914's longs, but still not a good situation.
My first line of work for this is going to be "rustoration". No drivetrain parts till the tub is done and ready for a fat boy like me to get in without breaking her back. welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.