Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Door Jamb Sticker Decal
rickyhgarcia
post Apr 19 2006, 03:46 PM
Post #1

UPS truck is here...

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,198

Auto Atlanta sells a repro of the door jamb sticker. The sticker they sell, however, does not include S/N and manufacturing date. I was lucky enough to find out when my car was built because another member of the club owned the car with the previous S/N...so I am assuming they were both built on the same month.

In the original factory sticker, the S/N and manufacturing date was perforated on the sticker.

My question is:

Where can I send this sticker so it gets the S/N and manufacturing date perforated into it?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
davep
post Apr 19 2006, 05:17 PM
Post #2

914 Historian

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,244
Region Association: Canada

I think no one but the factory can do it legally. However, you may want to search other threads on the subject (which has been covered extensively) to try and find the answer. There are many different versions of the decal, and the one the factory uses now (for replacement decals) is nowhere close to any of the originals.
+Quote Post
GeorgeRud
post Apr 19 2006, 05:40 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,482
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I don't think the factory or PCNA has any interest in punching the numbers on the reproduction stickers.

There must be some sort of old check imprinting machines or something that would do the job, but I've never seen one. I know that Jon Lowe ( the former PCA 914 guru) had looked into it at one time, but ended up using a fine Sharpie marker to outline the lettering carefully. Obviously, a very time-consuming and exacting solution. I have one of the reproduction stickers for my 914-6 that I've had for years looking for the same solution.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 03:18 PM