Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door Jamb Sticker Decal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rickyhgarcia
Auto Atlanta sells a repro of the door jamb sticker. The sticker they sell, however, does not include S/N and manufacturing date. I was lucky enough to find out when my car was built because another member of the club owned the car with the previous S/N...so I am assuming they were both built on the same month.

In the original factory sticker, the S/N and manufacturing date was perforated on the sticker.

My question is:

Where can I send this sticker so it gets the S/N and manufacturing date perforated into it?
davep
I think no one but the factory can do it legally. However, you may want to search other threads on the subject (which has been covered extensively) to try and find the answer. There are many different versions of the decal, and the one the factory uses now (for replacement decals) is nowhere close to any of the originals.
GeorgeRud
I don't think the factory or PCNA has any interest in punching the numbers on the reproduction stickers.

There must be some sort of old check imprinting machines or something that would do the job, but I've never seen one. I know that Jon Lowe ( the former PCA 914 guru) had looked into it at one time, but ended up using a fine Sharpie marker to outline the lettering carefully. Obviously, a very time-consuming and exacting solution. I have one of the reproduction stickers for my 914-6 that I've had for years looking for the same solution.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.