Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Drain plugs in the . . . FLOOR - what are the good for?, Absolutely nuthin'
Mike McGrath
post Apr 19 2006, 04:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,225

I have stripped out damn near all of the black soundproofing from my floor panels.
I was able to pry out the front left drain plug, which was leaking anyway, but the other three are still covered with that gray goop and they just ain't coming out without some serious BFH'ing and scraping all day long. My question is - if there isn't any leaking apparent / no rust channels or anything, do I need to bother getting them out? For the one that is out, I figure I'll just weld in a piece of sheet metal to fill the hole and seal it.

TIA,

Mike (in Portland)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Mike McGrath   Drain plugs in the . . . FLOOR - what are the good for?   Apr 19 2006, 04:43 PM
davep   I think the consensus is that they were access poi...   Apr 19 2006, 05:10 PM
Brad Roberts   Leave them alone. Glue the other one back in. No n...   Apr 19 2006, 05:14 PM
pib   Sorry to hijack...but what product do you use for ...   Apr 19 2006, 05:21 PM
r_towle   Absolutely nothing...say it again now....   Apr 19 2006, 05:23 PM
Brad Roberts   Seam sealer. All body shop supply places will have...   Apr 19 2006, 05:25 PM
Brad Roberts   I see you are in Monterrey. Salinas has several VE...   Apr 19 2006, 05:26 PM
pib  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 03:09 PM