Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> No more Ebay or paypal for Me
spare time toys
post Apr 20 2006, 06:17 PM
Post #1

hooked on grilling food.

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,884
Region Association: Southwest Region

I dont know if you remember those BBS wheels I was selling for the guy at work. This guy in Washington won them and I sent them to him. He sends me an email about how he is having trouble finding tires for 11 inch wide 15inch rims. I tell him to check Cocker, Hoosier and a couple of other places that he can find them but they are not cheap. Well he looks into the cost of the tires then e mails me about how much tires are going to cost and how you have to take the wheels apart to change tires and I should have put that in the listing. I told told him he should have checked into that before he purchased them. Well he files a complaint with EBAY and PAYPAL wanting his money back. He sends in this super long complaint making me out to be the Devil because I would not refund his money and the rims are junk I pulled off some reck. There was nothing wrong with the rims other than 1 small curb rash but they were not bent. PayPal lets you have all of 200 characters to answer the complaint. There is no way I can go into the details of how he is a whiner who changed his mind after he found out the cost of tires. Well PAYPAL finds in his favor and says I must give him his money back. He is to ship them to me at his cost then they will tap my account for $795.00 I have no say. So I call them and after 35 minutes on hold I get a customer service rep who all she can say is I must email them my side. In the mean time the buyer takes the wheels to FEDEX to ship them and finds out it will cost him a ton to ship so he goes to EBAY and gives me a bad feed back. EBAY has me locked out because of the dispute so I cant reply. So as of 20 min. ago I have canceled my EBAY and PAYPAL. I am just going to do swap meets or sell here or the bird board.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
spare time toys   No more Ebay or paypal for Me   Apr 20 2006, 06:17 PM
tracks914   Been there done that. I bought a DVD player for my...   Apr 20 2006, 07:40 PM
914rrr   Sorry to hear about your bad experience. As an eba...   Apr 20 2006, 08:17 PM
Andyrew   Sorry to hear that... some guys are dicks.. seems...   Apr 20 2006, 08:21 PM
JPB   Good advise fellas and will use it for my future E...   Apr 20 2006, 08:28 PM
Qarl  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 09:55 AM