Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> More e-bay woes - bumpers gone wrong
Qarl
post Apr 20 2006, 10:01 PM
Post #1

Shriveled member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 271
Region Association: None

Does anyone know offhand the complaint filing deadlines (days since auction) for Paypal and Ebay?

Purchased a rear chrome bumper that arrived not as described. Yeah.. it looks like it came from a pretty beat up looking car. I wanted this as a good core to rechrome with the minimum possible dents and waves to start with.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ADME:L:AAQ:US:1

I was willing to deal with the two tiny dents near the license plate.

Total cost $242.95 plus $50 S/H.

Bumper came in a box that looks like it was tape together by a 3 year old. You shoulda seen the box he "made" by taping a bunch of ill-fitting boxes around the bumper. Everything was falling apart when it arrived.

The seller claims UPS told him that the bumper didn't even need a box and that he should just put a tag on it. But he boxed it to "protect it".

Extracted the bumper and found 4 major areas of dents.

Shoulda photographed it before opening (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

I e-mailed the seller and told him I wasn't happy. I offered the seller to a.) refund me $100 to cover the cost of the additional repairs or b.) let me return the bumper at my cost and he refunds me in full (so basically we would both eat the shipping).

Seller says "nay nay" and that it was sold "As is". I claim it was NOT "as was" described.

The seller wants to try and settle the "damaged" bumper via UPS. I think the bumper had issues before being sent.

Anyways... I know the UPS game. It can take months to get the claim settled and I while I want to give the seller the chance to make it right, I don't want to get screwed in my opportunity to take it up with Ebay and UPS.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Qarl   More e-bay woes - bumpers gone wrong   Apr 20 2006, 10:01 PM
iamchappy   Qarl you might be surprised at how nice a bumper p...   Apr 20 2006, 10:11 PM
Series9   I think I agree that the bumper was misrepresented...   Apr 20 2006, 10:17 PM
Qarl  
  Apr 20 2006, 10:25 PM
iamchappy   :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smas...   Apr 20 2006, 10:25 PM
914rrr   Really easy. Report him to the FBI Internet Fraud ...   Apr 20 2006, 10:31 PM
racerx7  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 01:06 PM