Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> This bad karma wont die!, Why intermittent start?
Toast
post Apr 21 2006, 12:01 AM
Post #21

Not bad for carrying sway bars.

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,580
Region Association: Southwest Region

Ok. I was goint to supprise everyone at the G&R swap meet in Riverside on the 30th, but I need your help before then because I WANT TO DRIVE DAMMIT!!!!

Suprise is: I GOT MY 914 BACK FROM THE BODY SHOP!
Before the questions start about how it turned out, well, lets just say that the color matches and leave it at that.

Now, my problem is that sometimes it wont start. Just sometimes. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)
I've had it back from the shop for a week now and have only got to drive it 4 times, less than 7 miles each. :pout:

It seems that it wont start in the mornings, when its cooler, but will start fine in the afternoon (when the weather is warm) after it's been sitting outside all day.
It goes reer-reer-reer-reer as long as i'm turning the key. I hear the fuel pump. I have 11 volts on and 9 volts when turning over.
Just seems like the spark is missing for fire. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

I don't know for sure, but it is probable that the body shop did not disconnect the battery when welding was done. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)

Spark plugs?
Tune up?
Ground wire?
Idiots at body shop screwed something up?
Not enough battery juice?
Board?
Brain?
Not being driven for 2 1/2 months and pouting?

But why sometimes does it fire right up?

Ideas or suggestions? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Toast   This bad karma wont die!   Apr 21 2006, 12:01 AM
messix   idunno but maybe throw the battery on the charger,...   Apr 21 2006, 12:20 AM
So.Cal.914   Hi. Do you have points? If so It's possable ...   Apr 21 2006, 12:44 AM
craig downs   My wild guess. Could it be the cold stat valve sin...   Apr 21 2006, 01:14 AM
racerx7  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 08:13 AM