Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Still plugging away on my V-8 car
drive-ability
post Apr 21 2006, 05:24 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,782

The first picture is the stiffening for the rear
The second is a picture of a cradle type mount. I am trying to isolate the body from the drive-train. The mounts are for a late model Cadillac. They are big and plenty strong. I can feel the difference using them. Next I have to add the same type of mount to the transmission mounts. Most all cars use engine mounts and a cradle which provides further isolation of drive-train vibration. My goal (surely a tall order (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) ) has always been to make the car comfortable to drive. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

http://members.cox.net/altjamy/914%20Trunk%20framing%20view

http://members.cox.net/altjamy/914%20engin...smember%20mount
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
wbergtho
post Apr 21 2006, 07:56 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 623

That engine compartment looks nice and tidy! Very clean...obviously some nice workmanship going on over in your garage! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) Now I'm wondering why I painted my engine compartment white? Why...I must have been drunk when I decided to do that! I can't keep it clean to save my life. Hey...are you planning on being in Portland? I'd like to see that car. I'll be there if I'm not still working on my hydraulic clutch! (I believe it may be running tommorrow if all my little plans fall into place). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Bill
+Quote Post
drive-ability
post Apr 21 2006, 08:05 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 3,782

QUOTE(wbergtho @ Apr 21 2006, 06:56 PM) *

That engine compartment looks nice and tidy! Very clean...obviously some nice workmanship going on over in your garage! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) Now I'm wondering why I painted my engine compartment white? Why...I must have been drunk when I decided to do that! I can't keep it clean to save my life. Hey...are you planning on being in Portland? I'd like to see that car. I'll be there if I'm not still working on my hydraulic clutch! (I believe it may be running tommorrow if all my little plans fall into place). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Bill

Bill,
I don't think I will make it out there but you never no. I have a small home pressure washer and give it a wash once a week. I don't have any leaks but the way the air flows through the engine bay out the vents, road dirt finds a home.
Keep up posted on the clutch project. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 03:58 PM