Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Still plugging away on my V-8 car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drive-ability
The first picture is the stiffening for the rear
The second is a picture of a cradle type mount. I am trying to isolate the body from the drive-train. The mounts are for a late model Cadillac. They are big and plenty strong. I can feel the difference using them. Next I have to add the same type of mount to the transmission mounts. Most all cars use engine mounts and a cradle which provides further isolation of drive-train vibration. My goal (surely a tall order av-943.gif ) has always been to make the car comfortable to drive. av-943.gif

http://members.cox.net/altjamy/914%20Trunk%20framing%20view

http://members.cox.net/altjamy/914%20engin...smember%20mount
wbergtho
That engine compartment looks nice and tidy! Very clean...obviously some nice workmanship going on over in your garage! clap56.gif Now I'm wondering why I painted my engine compartment white? Why...I must have been drunk when I decided to do that! I can't keep it clean to save my life. Hey...are you planning on being in Portland? I'd like to see that car. I'll be there if I'm not still working on my hydraulic clutch! (I believe it may be running tommorrow if all my little plans fall into place). beerchug.gif

Bill
drive-ability
QUOTE(wbergtho @ Apr 21 2006, 06:56 PM) *

That engine compartment looks nice and tidy! Very clean...obviously some nice workmanship going on over in your garage! clap56.gif Now I'm wondering why I painted my engine compartment white? Why...I must have been drunk when I decided to do that! I can't keep it clean to save my life. Hey...are you planning on being in Portland? I'd like to see that car. I'll be there if I'm not still working on my hydraulic clutch! (I believe it may be running tommorrow if all my little plans fall into place). beerchug.gif

Bill

Bill,
I don't think I will make it out there but you never no. I have a small home pressure washer and give it a wash once a week. I don't have any leaks but the way the air flows through the engine bay out the vents, road dirt finds a home.
Keep up posted on the clutch project. clap56.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.