Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Urgent Help Needed for a 94teener!, One of our brothers has cancer, please help him out!!
VaccaRabite
post Jun 7 2006, 08:02 PM
Post #81

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I too have been avoiding this thread, as it hits a little close to home. My Grandfather went in for his second surgery today to remove cancerous tissue from his liver. Its 10, and I have not gotten any call backs from either my Aunt or my grand monther. I have not descided if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Hopefully, they have just not checked thier voice mail.

Zach
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ein 6er
post Jun 8 2006, 06:38 AM
Post #82

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 300
Region Association: None

this is VERY sad news. my deepest sympathies go out to liz and families.

i bought a few small parts from phil at the last brumos swapmeet, so a little piece of his spirit will still be in a teener.

you will be missed phil!!

THANKS byron for all you've done for phil and to all those who had him in their thoughts.

doug
+Quote Post
Gint
post Jun 8 2006, 07:39 AM
Post #83

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Phil was a tremendous asset to the 914 community. I still have saved emails from him from the rennlist days. He will be greatly missed.
+Quote Post
racerbvd
post Jun 8 2006, 07:53 AM
Post #84

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 226

QUOTE(ein 6er @ Jun 8 2006, 04:38 AM) *

this is VERY sad news. my deepest sympathies go out to liz and families.

i bought a few small parts from phil at the last brumos swapmeet, so a little piece of his spirit will still be in a teener.

you will be missed phil!!

THANKS byron for all you've done for phil and to all those who had him in their thoughts.

doug

Thanks Doug and everyone else. Doug, your pix came on Monday with another package, but he didn't feel up to opening his mail, so Liz & I opened it on Tues, and being a car that I know and a friend I don't see often enough, it brought us both a much needed smile, so thanks again. Phil gave me quite the to-do list, from helping set up his wake (Liz & I are stilling trying to figure a date that works for everyone) finish up the 914 he was building for Liz, have his hot rod (the one that really got Phil rolling) restored for his son and lastly, sell off the rest of Phil's 20 plus year collection 914s & parts. Even with the insurance, I'm sure there will be some big bills and Phil's wishes were for me to sell off everything but the two cars above for Liz.

Once again, thanks to every one who helped make Phil's last month a happier one.
+Quote Post
racerbvd
post Jun 11 2006, 06:08 PM
Post #85

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 226

Well, a few of local PCAers got together at Hooters as we use to do to have a few beers in honor of our friend who left us. Phil's wife Liz joined us and is doing well, and so on. Some of you have PMed me about where to send flowers or if there was a fund that Phil really liked and supported, well, that would be the Humane Society, that is the one organization that Phil, very quietly always made donations as next to 914s, animals have always been close to his heart. We had a portrait for Liz and gave that to her on Friday as well. Some time in July, we will be holding a wake for Phil, and all of his friends are invited, I'll keep you updated as it comes together.
I would once again like to thank every one for all you did to help make Phil's last days a bit more cheerful, you guys are great!!Attached Image
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 11:09 PM