Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Engine Problems, Fuel, Spark?
Solo914
post Apr 26 2006, 02:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,678
Region Association: None

Last night i pulled into a parking lot and the engine just died. I immediately tried to start it again and it did start but with in 3-5 seconds it sputtered and died. It acts like there is enough fuel when I start the car and then it runs out. I have had this happen on a couple occasions while periodically puting the car back together and it was usually fuel related. One time I had kinked a fuel hose and it acted the same way and the other time I had either forgot to hook the wire back up to the AFM or I had a hose that wasn't attached in the intake line before the AFM. I have checked my fuel lines and everything looks fine(even lifted the fuel tank to see is if there was a leak or if I had kinked a hose). I have also checked all of the intake hoses to make sure that all of those were attached. I have not had a chance to check the fuel pump and fuel pump wiring and will do that today.

Does this sounds familiar to anyone else?

Will the car start at all if the fuel pump is not working properly?

FYI- I have checked the fuel level and I am above a quarter tank and have visually seen that there is enough fuel.

The car is a Stock 914 1.8L with the standard L-jetronic fuel injection
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Solo914   Engine Problems   Apr 26 2006, 02:46 PM
Rand   How do the fuel filters look? It wouldn't tak...   Apr 26 2006, 02:50 PM
spiritedTreiber   You might check and see if the little sock filter ...   Apr 26 2006, 04:07 PM
Solo914   Update: -Pulled the fuel filter and replaced(neede...   Apr 26 2006, 07:45 PM
Dave_Darling  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 11:41 AM