Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Neo,here is your bumper styling?
nomore9one4
post Apr 28 2006, 06:37 AM
Post #1

Member of the Eastcoast Thread Killers Club

Group: Members
Member No.: 14
Region Association: None

A guy named bodyman who has a link here posted these photos. Kinda resembles your Neo 914 sketch.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
neo914-6
post Apr 28 2006, 09:59 AM
Post #2

neo life

Member No.: 159

QUOTE(boboli914@att.net @ Apr 28 2006, 05:37 AM) *

A guy named bodyman who has a link here posted these photos. Kinda resembles your Neo 914 sketch.

That's not quite what I planned but thanks for the pic. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) My rear bumper may not be quite so flush with the body and will have Boxster bumperettes.

My front will have more shape than and some interesting grilles too...
+Quote Post
Leo Imperial
post Apr 28 2006, 10:36 AM
Post #3

Do you have to use so many cuss words?

Member No.: 3,192

That looks like the back of my vw bus with the bumper removed.
+Quote Post
Rand
post Apr 28 2006, 10:45 AM
Post #4

Cross Member

Member No.: 3,573

I've been thinking about integrating the bumpers into the body kinda like that... While I might design it a bit differently, I like the idea. But I hesitate to tie it in so much that a bump by a parallel parking noob would destroy my work deeply enough to affect the body. So still thinking about forming a separate bumper piece that fits closely but can be removed/replaced.

Ok, I'm sorta hijacking here, but would appreciate some comments....
If I didn't have to worry about some @sssWHOle bumping and trashing it I would just make it what I wanted. But I drive my car every day and park it in public. So, how much time and effort would you put into adjusting your ideal design to compensating for protecting yourself from idiots that will think nothing of backing into it and driving away? This is where the compromise between design and daily-drive practical comes in. I'm leaning toward design more than total street protection.... not going back to my '75 BBB!!
/hijack (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
nomore9one4
post Apr 28 2006, 11:14 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(Rand @ Apr 28 2006, 08:45 AM) *

I've been thinking about integrating the bumpers into the body kinda like that... While I might design it a bit differently, I like the idea. But I hesitate to tie it in so much that a bump by a parallel parking noob would destroy my work deeply enough to affect the body. So still thinking about forming a separate bumper piece that fits closely but can be removed/replaced.

Ok, I'm sorta hijacking here, but would appreciate some comments....
If I didn't have to worry about some @sssWHOle bumping and trashing it I would just make it what I wanted. But I drive my car every day and park it in public. So, how much time and effort would you put into adjusting your ideal design to compensating for protecting yourself from idiots that will think nothing of backing into it and driving away? This is where the compromise between design and daily-drive practical comes in. I'm leaning toward design more than total street protection.... not going back to my '75 BBB!!
/hijack (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

You could always arm the car with explosives. That way if a would be hit and run makes contact you will atleast take him out with it.But thats just me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)
+Quote Post
nomore9one4
post Apr 28 2006, 11:17 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Apr 28 2006, 07:59 AM) *

That's not quite what I planned but thanks for the pic. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) My rear bumper may not be quite so flush with the body and will have Boxster bumperettes.

For some reason I seen these photos and I thought of your drawing. maybe I was drunk or something (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
Rand
post Apr 28 2006, 11:30 AM
Post #7

Cross Member

Member No.: 3,573

Thanks boboli. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Back in the college days, in the dorm, a buddy of mine had the doorbell wired up to a car battery/car horn. Soon it became too popular because of how much fun it was to push his doorbell and make so much noise.

Problem is it became sooo much fun that everyone abused it.... of course. So he then he posted a warning to stop the nonsense. Then, with fair warning posted, he hooked up a big ass capacitor......

The losers who didn't get the message got a nice SNAP.
+Quote Post
neo914-6
post Apr 28 2006, 06:29 PM
Post #8

neo life

Member No.: 159

QUOTE(boboli914@att.net @ Apr 28 2006, 10:17 AM) *

QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Apr 28 2006, 07:59 AM) *

For some reason I seen these photos and I thought of your drawing. maybe I was drunk or something (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

You're not imagining anything, I posted a pic of a 914 rear with a piece of wood as a bumper. I like how it made the body look flush like the pic you posted. The problem as Rand points out is a minor "bump" will damage the body. I'm installing Boxster plastic and aluminum mounted bumperettes for this purpose and I want it to appear "production". The drawing is in the rear spoiler and bumper threads...

Rand,
This is the classic "form follows function or function follows form dilema"..."Form" has created alot of functional solutions, BTW. Designers drew cars with large wheels and thin tires since the 80's. Now 17 and larger wheels are the standard...
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 02:55 PM