Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What is an OEM windshield worth?, To a concours-minded buyer
JeffBowlsby
post Apr 30 2006, 11:06 PM
Post #1

914 Wiring Harnesses

Group: Members
Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

What IF I had a spare 914 OEM windshield, what would it be worth? The replacements are not like having an original windshield for an otherwise original car. New, I think the replacements are about $300 or so, I think an OEM part would be worth at least 50% more to the right buyer. What do you think?

If I had one it would be in very good condition. Factory tinted, no dark stripe across the top. It would have light age yellowing around portions of the perimeter (patina) The few specks you see would be mostly dirt, you know how a digital camera can pick up all kinds of reflections in macro. Its would not be perfect. It would have what I would consider a minor amount of pitting (pinhead size), and there are two 'larger' pits that look to be maybe 1/16" and 3/32" across at their widest dimension that have just nicked the outer windshield surface. A glass shop could fill these and polish out the glass for an excellent result I am certain.

Here is the logo:

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post May 1 2006, 01:11 PM
Post #2

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

"The Right Buyer" would be key here.

I got mine for $50.00 in excellent shape. Same logo etc. It included the window frame as well (sawzall special) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
TJB/914
post May 1 2006, 08:41 PM
Post #3

Mid-Engn.

Member No.: 346
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Eric.

You got a deal & if you are selling it's worth $500.00 When's the last time you saw one for sale????? Every concourse 914 needs one.

Tom
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post May 2 2006, 11:32 AM
Post #4

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I think I did get a good deal, it's going in my car though. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I also think that's about what the average teener would pay for a windshield (w or w/o the logo).

To answer Jeff's question, I think it will be hard to sell/ship a windshield for $500. I don't see a problem with the price for the 'right' buyer. I just think it will be harder to find the 'right' buyer so... the inventory will probably sit until he or she comes along.
+Quote Post
914runnow
post May 2 2006, 05:36 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,948
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Apr 30 2006, 09:06 PM) *

What IF I had a spare 914 OEM windshield, what would it be worth? The replacements are not like having an original windshield for an otherwise original car. New, I think the replacements are about $300 or so, I think an OEM part would be worth at least 50% more to the right buyer. What do you think?

If I had one it would be in very good condition. Factory tinted, no dark stripe across the top. It would have light age yellowing around portions of the perimeter (patina) The few specks you see would be mostly dirt, you know how a digital camera can pick up all kinds of reflections in macro. Its would not be perfect. It would have what I would consider a minor amount of pitting (pinhead size), and there are two 'larger' pits that look to be maybe 1/16" and 3/32" across at their widest dimension that have just nicked the outer windshield surface. A glass shop could fill these and polish out the glass for an excellent result I am certain.

Here is the logo:

My OEM full tint was around 435.00 w/frt 6 or so years ago...Still in the box..
SOMEDAY will go onto my Garage Queen.....Yes Jeff ,,,,thatz where the Yn Z's
harness is going on......someday.....
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 06:18 PM