Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is an OEM windshield worth?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
JeffBowlsby
What IF I had a spare 914 OEM windshield, what would it be worth? The replacements are not like having an original windshield for an otherwise original car. New, I think the replacements are about $300 or so, I think an OEM part would be worth at least 50% more to the right buyer. What do you think?

If I had one it would be in very good condition. Factory tinted, no dark stripe across the top. It would have light age yellowing around portions of the perimeter (patina) The few specks you see would be mostly dirt, you know how a digital camera can pick up all kinds of reflections in macro. Its would not be perfect. It would have what I would consider a minor amount of pitting (pinhead size), and there are two 'larger' pits that look to be maybe 1/16" and 3/32" across at their widest dimension that have just nicked the outer windshield surface. A glass shop could fill these and polish out the glass for an excellent result I am certain.

Here is the logo:

Eric_Shea
"The Right Buyer" would be key here.

I got mine for $50.00 in excellent shape. Same logo etc. It included the window frame as well (sawzall special) biggrin.gif
TJB/914
Eric.

You got a deal & if you are selling it's worth $500.00 When's the last time you saw one for sale????? Every concourse 914 needs one.

Tom
Eric_Shea
I think I did get a good deal, it's going in my car though. biggrin.gif I also think that's about what the average teener would pay for a windshield (w or w/o the logo).

To answer Jeff's question, I think it will be hard to sell/ship a windshield for $500. I don't see a problem with the price for the 'right' buyer. I just think it will be harder to find the 'right' buyer so... the inventory will probably sit until he or she comes along.
914runnow
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Apr 30 2006, 09:06 PM) *

What IF I had a spare 914 OEM windshield, what would it be worth? The replacements are not like having an original windshield for an otherwise original car. New, I think the replacements are about $300 or so, I think an OEM part would be worth at least 50% more to the right buyer. What do you think?

If I had one it would be in very good condition. Factory tinted, no dark stripe across the top. It would have light age yellowing around portions of the perimeter (patina) The few specks you see would be mostly dirt, you know how a digital camera can pick up all kinds of reflections in macro. Its would not be perfect. It would have what I would consider a minor amount of pitting (pinhead size), and there are two 'larger' pits that look to be maybe 1/16" and 3/32" across at their widest dimension that have just nicked the outer windshield surface. A glass shop could fill these and polish out the glass for an excellent result I am certain.

Here is the logo:

My OEM full tint was around 435.00 w/frt 6 or so years ago...Still in the box..
SOMEDAY will go onto my Garage Queen.....Yes Jeff ,,,,thatz where the Yn Z's
harness is going on......someday.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.