Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Electrical Gremlins of All Kinds, And other new 914 Shenanigans!
wertygrog
post May 1 2006, 03:44 PM
Post #1

wertygrog

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,114
Region Association: Southern California

Hello everyone,
I've recently received my 74 2.0 914, and it runs smashingly (sounds like a deisel and rumbles like a v8 IMO), but there are some electrical and other issues with it. First of all, when the directionals are toggled, both directional indicator arrows on the tach blink, not just one.........any ideas?

Also, the fuel gauge flicks up when the car is on, but read 1/8th when 5 gallons were added......is it reading low or is the tank really only 1/8th full? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

I think my muffler is a bursch, but can I get a confirmation? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)

As you will see the voltage regulator is not located on the relay board, but about a foot aft of it.....what's up with that?

The facet fuel pump just keeps running and running. I tried the trick in the classic message forum with grounding one of the FI spade connectors on the relay board, but no joy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Also the heater hose was disconnected. Does it just attached to that blower motor?

The oil temp guage on the center console twitches when I turn the car on, but doesn't seem to work. In the pic below with the wires, there is a wire w/ spade connector that isn't attached to anything (FI remnant?) and there was a green wire with a spade connector that looked like a signal wire, which I attached to a little spade on a pluggish unit near the center of the engine.....is this the oil temp sender, and was that the oil temp wire? Kinda hard to see in the pic.

FINALLY, I'm installing the Camp 914 euro light kit (see pic), but I'd like to see a pic of someone's installation of the bulb/white plastic peice. Also, when should the park light be on?

Sorry for the massive post, but I'm just starting to really dig into my lovely 914, and I don't know much about the electrical system---learning though!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Thanks a bunch,
Brent

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 04:00 PM