Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> saw a 1970 shelby mustang today, wow!!!
Dave-O
post May 4 2006, 11:13 AM
Post #21

Is winter done yet?

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,082

My mom's shop had one of these in for the addition of a few graphics (the correct ones of course). I didn't have my camera or I would have snapped some pictures. VERY cool car, no window mechanisms, no bumpers or trim. Had a funky rear plastic window that had veting and a little aero help. When they started it up it sounded very angry and smelt of sweet race fuel (do you guys get chills up your spine when you smell race exhaust too?)

It's a bit of a shame the only time it is outside is between the enclosed trailer and a garage...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
byndbad914
post May 4 2006, 01:58 PM
Post #22

shoehorn and some butter - it fits

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,463
Region Association: None

It was common knowledge that back in the day, you could rent a Hertz GT350 for a day and take it to the local drag strip. After many of the rentals came back with ruined trannies, Hertz tightened up the rules to avoid any future problems. The balck with gold stripes of the Hertz has always been my favorite.

It goes a bit further than that - many of the cars are hard to find with the correct engine block because it was determined that mechanics and racers were buying 289 Mustangs, renting the 350H for the weekend, and doing complete engine and trans swaps! The car would come back and the guy at the counter wasn't checking to see if it still had a 4-barrel carb, let alone the right engine. So apparently a few Mustangs were upgraded at the cost of a weekend rental and the next guy in line rented a hyd cam 289 2-bbl (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 06:08 PM