Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Concours DIY, Step by step
Jasfsmith
post May 24 2006, 08:23 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,882
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(Part Pricer @ May 23 2006, 06:57 AM) *

Some of you have been asking about Jim's car. Well, I happen to have one picture of it from the Zone 1 concours. Unfortunately, the other pics I took were lost. This is a very nice, original 6.

Glad to see that you lost the engine pictures. Mine came out to dark as well, must have been the poor lighting.....

And yes there were no shock tower covers when I obtained the car. I have a mixed results on my research on whether they should be there or not.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
sixerdon
post May 24 2006, 09:28 AM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 731

James,
My sixes also did not come with the rubber shock tower covers. My two are earlier than yours, #0137 & #0876. (I have owned them for more than 15 years) If you look at the many early photo's from the early mag road tests, they too did not have the covers. If you have your owners manual there are photo's without the cover's. However, some of the photo's were of prototypes.
There were many other little details that Karmann added during the first months of mfr.

Don
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 07:10 PM