Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where do I find these?, Bullet Mirrors
BMXerror
post May 5 2006, 04:57 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,842

Same thing. Same model number. They're just a genaric mirror for no car in specific.
Mark D.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
byndbad914
post May 5 2006, 05:00 PM
Post #22

shoehorn and some butter - it fits

Member No.: 5,463
Region Association: None

QUOTE(cobra94563 @ May 5 2006, 03:30 PM) *

Those look like these...
Both are used often on cobra's and 60's period cars.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

yeah, beat me too it. Much cheaper if you look around the Mustang/Cobra sites.

And I agree with jd.., YOU CAN'T SEE A DAMN THING WITH THOSE MIRRORS! My friend had them on his vintage 70 Mustang T/A I drove out at Willow a couple of times - for one race - mounted on the door in a factory location (close to the driver, not out on the fenders) and I/he couldn't see a goddamn thing in them. He took them off when he got home and put the "stock but bigger" ones back on.

Mount them out on the fenders and fahgetaboutit. They look cool, but if a car behind you isn't right in the small line of site it has, you will never see it, unless you have all the time in the world to not bother watching where you are going, then you can squint, twist your head around, lean forward then back and all that and probably find them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

IMO they are good enough if you just street drive and don't mind twisting around to check your blind spots and such to be certain no one is there, then the cool factor might outweigh the functionality, but if you track the car, I wouldn't like them, especially that far away on the fender.
+Quote Post
BMXerror
post May 5 2006, 06:10 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 5,842

Man, I didn't think this thread would go on so long. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dead horse.gif) Maybe I should stop asking questions..... Anyways, did your friend have the flat mirrors of the convex ones? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Just asking because you said that they had bad L.O.S.
Mark D.
+Quote Post
Cap'n Krusty
post May 5 2006, 06:28 PM
Post #24

Cap'n Krusty

Member No.: 2,246
Region Association: Central California

I work on a number of older sports cars, not just Porsches. Frankly, those mirrors might look cool, but they're effectively USELESS. The original mirror on my 911 is better than those things, what with being a little bigger and mounted on the door, but it's still not very good. In fact, the stock 914 mirror isn't all that great, either. I sure wouldn't want to drive in traffic with a 3 inch round mirror 4-5 feet out in front of me. Or even 3 feet. The Cap'n
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post May 5 2006, 06:31 PM
Post #25

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5

They suck.....expensively....
+Quote Post
byndbad914
post May 8 2006, 02:51 PM
Post #26

shoehorn and some butter - it fits

Member No.: 5,463

QUOTE(BMXerror @ May 5 2006, 05:10 PM) *

Man, I didn't think this thread would go on so long. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dead horse.gif) Maybe I should stop asking questions..... Anyways, did your friend have the flat mirrors of the convex ones? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Just asking because you said that they had bad L.O.S.
Mark D.

I think the other guys helped back the point, but to answer your ? IIRC he had the convex ones because he knew the flats would be really bad. The issue was that if you run flat ones you will see nothing. The convex ones, the car won't "look right" and really hard to tell where the other car was in relation to his car (i.e. how close they were and whether you could safely cross over in front of them to stay on line or hit them). A couple feet out on the fender and you would see a colored dot for the following car and have no idea whatsoever of relative distance.

They just suck frankly. Save yourself the money, and I agree the stock 914 mirror isn't all that great either, but golden by comparison to the bullets.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 03:51 AM