Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> How did you get into the 914 habit ?
How did you get into the 914 habit ?
How did you get into the 914 habit ?
Owned other Porsche [ 13 ] ** [16.05%]
The air-cooled VW scene [ 23 ] ** [28.40%]
Sick of your American iron [ 3 ] ** [3.70%]
Saw one and liked it [ 24 ] ** [29.63%]
Other [ 18 ] ** [22.22%]
Total Votes: 81

Kerrys914
post Feb 24 2003, 01:53 PM
Post #41

Dear, the parts I just sold paid for that part ;)

Group: Members
Member No.: 16

Well I got this addiction from my father-in-law in Missouri...

He gave me his old '71 914 for FREE. It has been sitting in a field for 5-10 years. Me not knowing anything about 914's said sure I'll take it, it's a free Porsche (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

After, months of reasearch and lurking on PP's I headed out to Missouri on Vacation .....and to check out the ride.

WOW...RUST RUST RUST

Long-short

It turns out it was WAY too rusted and could not be saved (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) . The bad news is I was now addicted to 914's. I spent 6 months reading looking and more reading of 914's daily.
So I Then spent 6 more months trying to find a 914 on the east coast in my budget.

It's been 2 years and I have only driven my 914 2-3 blocks and I still work on it almost EVERY weekend.

It goes in for paint in April (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Cheers
Kerry (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JohnM
post Apr 20 2006, 05:43 PM
Post #42

914 enduro driver

Member No.: 2,387

You should add another option-- drove one and bought it on the spot. I was into air cooled VW's. Bought my first 914 about 17 years ago. I had liked the look of them since I had first seen them hit the streets as a kid. Had owned and driven about every model AC VW but didn't know much about the 914 except that it was some kind of Porsche design with VW engine (making it economically possible for me to own). Test drove it and had the owner doing a death grip on door pull and seat bolster as I took a circular fwy onramp at about 60-70. VW engine with a 5 speed and could handle like that, yeah OK good enough for me. I owned it for about a year and then life got in the way. When I turned 40 and could have a second car toy I knew what I would get. Been enjoying this one even more than the first with the discovery of this club and all of its enthusiasts and events. John
+Quote Post
Richard Casto
post Apr 20 2006, 05:53 PM
Post #43

Blue Sky Motorsports, LLC

Member No.: 4,523
Region Association: South East States

Was mid 1980's and just out of High School when I discovered Autocross. The local club had two 914-4 and three factory 914-6 and one 914-6 that was either a real six or conversion (not sure). One of the three 914-6 was owned by the original owner.

They seemed to do well and I figured I needed one. I got a chance to drive one as well as ride in a 2.7L conversion and fell in love. At the time, I didn't realize (to young and sheltered in the way of 914s) that you just didn't have that many 914s running in a small club like that. I am talking about events in which we may have had 30 drivers.

Owned two while in college (one wrecked, one rusting away as a parts car). Got married, had two kids, etc. Decided this past year that now was as good as any time to build that dream six conversion that I kept putting off. Purchased the 72 1.7 last August to be the basis for building a 3.2L six Autocross/Track car. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 05:44 PM