Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Transmision Mount Replacement
kconway
post May 8 2006, 10:34 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,231
Region Association: Southern California

I'm going to attempt to change my tranny mounts with some 911 sport mounts I got from Pelican. I think I'm removing the two small 15mm bolts that hold the mounts to the chassis while supporting the tranny with my jack? Anyway, will the old mounts just simply pull thru the ears forward? I assume I've got to drop the tranny a bit to clear the supports on the chassis, is this correct? What about the big bolt, do I gotta loosen it? What am I missing?

Thanks,
Kevin
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mueller
post May 9 2006, 12:07 AM
Post #2

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

QUOTE(kconway @ May 8 2006, 09:34 PM) *

I'm going to attempt to change my tranny mounts with some 911 sport mounts I got from Pelican. I think I'm removing the two small 15mm bolts that hold the mounts to the chassis while supporting the tranny with my jack? Anyway, will the old mounts just simply pull thru the ears forward? I assume I've got to drop the tranny a bit to clear the supports on the chassis, is this correct? What about the big bolt, do I gotta loosen it? What am I missing?

Thanks,
Kevin

if you don't loosen the big bolt, the mount will not seperate from the transmission (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
nomore9one4
post May 9 2006, 06:52 AM
Post #3

Member of the Eastcoast Thread Killers Club

Member No.: 14
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Mueller @ May 8 2006, 10:07 PM) *

QUOTE(kconway @ May 8 2006, 09:34 PM) *

Thanks,
Kevin

if you don't loosen the big bolt, the mount will not seperate from the transmission (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This is good to know.I need to change mine too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
kconway
post May 9 2006, 07:14 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 3,231
Region Association: Southern California

Okay, so loosen the big bolt, remove the two smaller bolts and the mount slides forward and out? Looks like I've got to drop the transmission alot to get it to clear the chassis, just worried about breaking something.

Kev
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 11:38 AM