Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transmision Mount Replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kconway
I'm going to attempt to change my tranny mounts with some 911 sport mounts I got from Pelican. I think I'm removing the two small 15mm bolts that hold the mounts to the chassis while supporting the tranny with my jack? Anyway, will the old mounts just simply pull thru the ears forward? I assume I've got to drop the tranny a bit to clear the supports on the chassis, is this correct? What about the big bolt, do I gotta loosen it? What am I missing?

Thanks,
Kevin
Mueller
QUOTE(kconway @ May 8 2006, 09:34 PM) *

I'm going to attempt to change my tranny mounts with some 911 sport mounts I got from Pelican. I think I'm removing the two small 15mm bolts that hold the mounts to the chassis while supporting the tranny with my jack? Anyway, will the old mounts just simply pull thru the ears forward? I assume I've got to drop the tranny a bit to clear the supports on the chassis, is this correct? What about the big bolt, do I gotta loosen it? What am I missing?

Thanks,
Kevin

if you don't loosen the big bolt, the mount will not seperate from the transmission smile.gif

nomore9one4
QUOTE(Mueller @ May 8 2006, 10:07 PM) *

QUOTE(kconway @ May 8 2006, 09:34 PM) *

Thanks,
Kevin

if you don't loosen the big bolt, the mount will not seperate from the transmission smile.gif

This is good to know.I need to change mine too. sad.gif
kconway
Okay, so loosen the big bolt, remove the two smaller bolts and the mount slides forward and out? Looks like I've got to drop the transmission alot to get it to clear the chassis, just worried about breaking something.

Kev
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.