Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> WOT: Sandys car and other things I do, this thread is all over the place
rick 918-S
post May 9 2006, 12:45 AM
Post #1

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Group: Members
Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

59 days to the WCC "06" No heads yet. I'm not too worried yet. I can complete the Alien Resurection in a week. So My friend needed a hood for his Beetle. While I was building my garage I put a really nice one up in the loft. I never put the stairs in to the loft. So the hood was too big to get down through the small access hole I left. One thing lead to another... I had to build a stairway to get to the hood. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Well We got the hood down now anyway.

Then, some of you know Sandy was looking for a summer car to replace the Titan. She doesn't need to drive that big gas sucker all week to work. We missed the So Cal 914 by about 4 hours. We checked out another car in Mich. By then she was over 914's.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

She spotted a Bugeye ad, and off we went with the trailer. This is a true Barn Find. The P.O. bought this car as you see it 10 years ago. It was sitting in a wrecking yard with a bunch of Caddy's. He moved to his Barn and never looked in the corner again.

Here's her new ride! 1959 Austin Healey Bugeye, It looks tough but it's all surface rusted. No holes or issues with the pan.

I just bought a Suzuki Swift 16V DOHC engine and a Samuri 5 speed trans. I may run Solexs on it. It's only 1300 cc's. The car will be stripped and sand blasted over the next two weeks. More photos to come.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
rick 918-S   WOT: Sandys car and other things I do   May 9 2006, 12:45 AM
So.Cal.914   Sence I Was a young man I have always loved those ...   May 9 2006, 12:50 AM
VegasRacer   Very nice. You have my approval. :thumbsup: Con...   May 9 2006, 04:04 AM
Jeroen   nice score!   May 9 2006, 04:25 AM
rick 918-S   She asked my to take her picture with the car. I t...   May 9 2006, 02:26 PM
rick 918-S   Here's an update if your interested...   Jun 12 2006, 08:26 AM
rick 918-S   Someone cut the curve off the front and rear of th...   Jun 12 2006, 08:32 AM
rick 918-S   Finshed the right rear. BTW: still no heads, all ...   Jun 12 2006, 08:37 AM
olav   Looking good. Keep the progress coming. What kin...   Jun 12 2006, 08:56 AM
Aaron Cox  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 09:38 AM