Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Radio update conversions
michaelmoo
post May 10 2006, 10:49 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,092

Has any one ever had a radio redone by these people?

http://www.antiqueautomobileradio.com

It look like a neat conversion so the radio looks stock.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post May 22 2006, 04:21 PM
Post #2

Do I or don't I...........?

Member No.: 5,765
Region Association: North East States

Boy, can't help here! My radio is the original Blaupunkt Frankfort that I got from Crutchfield in '72. It has, at MOST, 2 hours total playing time because I've never had the guts to drill the fender for an antenna. Originally intended to mount an engine compartment mounted electric antenna, but that meant I'd have to drill the air vents by the lid &, as I said, can't bring myself to cut a hole in anything!

Who listens to the radio when driving a 914? With the ear-to-ear grins of the driving experience, you can't hear anything anyway!
+Quote Post
914runnow
post May 23 2006, 12:53 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,948
Region Association: None

QUOTE(michaelmoo @ May 10 2006, 08:49 AM) *

Has any one ever had a radio redone by these people?

http://www.antiqueautomobileradio.com

It look like a neat conversion so the radio looks stock.

Wow..Kooool website...go for it!!!
Although I'm with Pat on that.....
I go for the subtle hum of the engine..
PLUS we really need ears in our feet to hear it properly (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) JAT..but let us know what they might charge ..Thanx Rx
+Quote Post
70Sixter
post May 23 2006, 04:47 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 2,444
Region Association: South East States

I cannot hear the radio at max volume over about 65 mph anyway. Even before my hearing went sour.
+Quote Post
Jasfsmith
post May 25 2006, 09:05 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 2,882

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ May 22 2006, 02:21 PM) *

Boy, can't help here! My radio is the original Blaupunkt Frankfort that I got from Crutchfield in '72. It has, at MOST, 2 hours total playing time because I've never had the guts to drill the fender for an antenna. Originally intended to mount an engine compartment mounted electric antenna, but that meant I'd have to drill the air vents by the lid &, as I said, can't bring myself to cut a hole in anything!

Who listens to the radio when driving a 914? With the ear-to-ear grins of the driving experience, you can't hear anything anyway!

Then your suggesting I forget about upgrading my Blaupunkt?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post May 25 2006, 05:24 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(Jasfsmith @ May 25 2006, 07:05 AM) *

Nope, not at all....that decision is yours. I will have to say that your radio is classic! I, PERSONALLY, wouldn't touch it because I almost never listen to mine - the sweet sounds from the rear are enough music to me. If you like to listen to it, do what you wish. Just please, do not put a speaker system & subwoffers in the rear trunk! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif)
+Quote Post
Jasfsmith
post May 26 2006, 07:49 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 2,882

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ May 25 2006, 03:24 PM) *

Nope, not at all....that decision is yours. I will have to say that your radio is classic! I, PERSONALLY, wouldn't touch it because I almost never listen to mine - the sweet sounds from the rear are enough music to me. If you like to listen to it, do what you wish. Just please, do not put a speaker system & subwoffers in the rear trunk! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif)

Hmmm.

Might be a nice touch at the Parade to have the tweeters and woffers blasting a clasical piece from the motherland via the shortwave...

Should be good for a couple of points. Yes?
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post May 26 2006, 03:08 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(Jasfsmith @ May 26 2006, 05:49 AM) *

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ May 25 2006, 03:24 PM) *

Hmmm.

Might be a nice touch at the Parade to have the tweeters and woffers blasting a clasical piece from the motherland via the shortwave...

Should be good for a couple of points. Yes?

Yeah - couple of points OFF! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
mrgreenjeans
post Feb 25 2007, 11:16 PM
Post #9

mrgreenjeans

Member No.: 7,520
Region Association: Northstar Region

QUOTE(Jasfsmith @ May 25 2006, 11:05 AM) *

<!-- quoteo(post=685895:date=May 22 2006, 02:21 PM:name=Pat Garvey) --><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ May 22 2006, 02:21 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!-- quotec -->

<!-- QuoteEnd --></div><!-- QuoteEEnd -->

Way too awesome UNIT !!! Love the period look and it is a Blau !

Leave the dude....and just stare at it if you can't hear it. Much better than looking at a blue green dial on a 2000 model Alpine !
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 07:20 PM