Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Radio update conversions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
michaelmoo
Has any one ever had a radio redone by these people?

http://www.antiqueautomobileradio.com

It look like a neat conversion so the radio looks stock.

Pat Garvey
Boy, can't help here! My radio is the original Blaupunkt Frankfort that I got from Crutchfield in '72. It has, at MOST, 2 hours total playing time because I've never had the guts to drill the fender for an antenna. Originally intended to mount an engine compartment mounted electric antenna, but that meant I'd have to drill the air vents by the lid &, as I said, can't bring myself to cut a hole in anything!

Who listens to the radio when driving a 914? With the ear-to-ear grins of the driving experience, you can't hear anything anyway!
914runnow
QUOTE(michaelmoo @ May 10 2006, 08:49 AM) *

Has any one ever had a radio redone by these people?

http://www.antiqueautomobileradio.com

It look like a neat conversion so the radio looks stock.

Wow..Kooool website...go for it!!!
Although I'm with Pat on that.....
I go for the subtle hum of the engine..
PLUS we really need ears in our feet to hear it properly blink.gif JAT..but let us know what they might charge ..Thanx Rx
70Sixter
I cannot hear the radio at max volume over about 65 mph anyway. Even before my hearing went sour.
Jasfsmith
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ May 22 2006, 02:21 PM) *

Boy, can't help here! My radio is the original Blaupunkt Frankfort that I got from Crutchfield in '72. It has, at MOST, 2 hours total playing time because I've never had the guts to drill the fender for an antenna. Originally intended to mount an engine compartment mounted electric antenna, but that meant I'd have to drill the air vents by the lid &, as I said, can't bring myself to cut a hole in anything!

Who listens to the radio when driving a 914? With the ear-to-ear grins of the driving experience, you can't hear anything anyway!

Then your suggesting I forget about upgrading my Blaupunkt?
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Jasfsmith @ May 25 2006, 07:05 AM) *

Nope, not at all....that decision is yours. I will have to say that your radio is classic! I, PERSONALLY, wouldn't touch it because I almost never listen to mine - the sweet sounds from the rear are enough music to me. If you like to listen to it, do what you wish. Just please, do not put a speaker system & subwoffers in the rear trunk! rocking nana.gif
Jasfsmith
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ May 25 2006, 03:24 PM) *

Nope, not at all....that decision is yours. I will have to say that your radio is classic! I, PERSONALLY, wouldn't touch it because I almost never listen to mine - the sweet sounds from the rear are enough music to me. If you like to listen to it, do what you wish. Just please, do not put a speaker system & subwoffers in the rear trunk! rocking nana.gif

Hmmm.

Might be a nice touch at the Parade to have the tweeters and woffers blasting a clasical piece from the motherland via the shortwave...

Should be good for a couple of points. Yes?
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Jasfsmith @ May 26 2006, 05:49 AM) *

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ May 25 2006, 03:24 PM) *

Hmmm.

Might be a nice touch at the Parade to have the tweeters and woffers blasting a clasical piece from the motherland via the shortwave...

Should be good for a couple of points. Yes?

Yeah - couple of points OFF! biggrin.gif
mrgreenjeans
QUOTE(Jasfsmith @ May 25 2006, 11:05 AM) *

<!-- quoteo(post=685895:date=May 22 2006, 02:21 PM:name=Pat Garvey) --><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ May 22 2006, 02:21 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!-- quotec -->

<!-- QuoteEnd --></div><!-- QuoteEEnd -->

Way too awesome UNIT !!! Love the period look and it is a Blau !

Leave the dude....and just stare at it if you can't hear it. Much better than looking at a blue green dial on a 2000 model Alpine !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.