Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> CSOB wants to practice AX, TT, with stockish 1.7, help me figure out the costs
Chris Pincetich
post May 10 2006, 02:18 PM
Post #1

B-)

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,907
Region Association: Northern California

I'm trying not to start sliding down the slippery slope of racing my car into debt, but can't resist the urge to push my 914 to it's limits and satisfy my competitive urges. My biggest hurdle to even show up with my car as is the entry costs. I was super psyched on shooting for Willows in Sept for "914 day" , but $250-300 per event through Trackmasters will buy me the new seat I want.....hard to justify spending that much on entry fee costs with so much to improve ont he car.

I live in the SF Bay area and want to get started with AX or whatever my stockish 1.7 won't cause a traffic jam or be hazardous. I'm hoping you guys can shed some light on my situation!

Right now I think AX at Alameda is the cheapest (PCA reg $60 + $30 per event I think). Is there any time/place to race around a closed course for next to free?? I want to get some practice and work the bugs out of my suspension before paying several hundred dollars to race.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
ChrisNPDrider   CSOB wants to practice AX, TT, with stockish 1.7   May 10 2006, 02:18 PM
jhadler   Hardly anywhere will let you race for free. Not le...   May 10 2006, 03:36 PM
trekkor   Just a friendly FYI: Although Trackmasters uses ...   May 16 2006, 07:10 PM
ChrisNPDrider  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th May 2024 - 10:45 AM