Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SOT:Enco 3-in-1 Combo Sheet Metal Shear, Roller and Brake? good/bad?, Just bought one, pretty decent tool !!!
Mueller
post May 16 2006, 07:34 PM
Post #1

914 Freak!

Group: Members
Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

These are on sale right now and are kinda tempting (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)

Enco 3-in-1 metal forming tool
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bondo
post May 16 2006, 07:45 PM
Post #2

Practicing my perpendicular parking

Member No.: 587
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(Mueller @ May 16 2006, 06:34 PM) *

These are on sale right now and are kinda tempting (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)

Enco 3-in-1 metal forming tool

Rollers: Marginally useful
Shear: Pretty crappy
Brake: I've seen better brakes on a radio flyer!
+Quote Post
So.Cal.914
post May 16 2006, 09:41 PM
Post #3

"...And it has a front trunk too."

Member No.: 1,658

If you don't have any of these tools, they will work. To make flairs you will need a roller wheel or a big mallet and a pad. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif)
+Quote Post
ppickerell
post May 16 2006, 11:15 PM
Post #4

914 addicted

Member No.: 1,246

Great addition to your garage shop. Light gage material only on the shear and nothing with temper.
+Quote Post
smdubovsky
post May 17 2006, 07:30 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 2,837
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Never used the Enco. My brother has the ~$200 24" grizzly pan/box brake and it looks to be very well put together. He gives it high reviews. I've seen the sister 3-in-1 @ harbor freight (they are all the same design after all) and it didn't look impressive. I've come to the colclusion that you just have to spend $$$ to get a decent shear (alignment and being able to pretension the blade/bed are crucial.) After you use a big jump shear you'll be spoiled;) Ive never used or played w/ any rolls so I dont know what makes one good or bad (but to be honest, it looks like the easiest machine to fabricate.) Im personally more intersted in the open ended ones that can flange and bead roll.

SMD
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Dec 10 2006, 10:08 AM
Post #6

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87

Finally decided to bite the bullet and buy one, I've been having to make this little .25x.88 parts for work and at 1st I was going over to TonyCs shop to use his top of the line metal shear and then when that became a pain due to the distance I had to travel I made some just using hand shears and then setting up the pieces on my mill to get to a perfect size....what a pain...

The machine is on the heavy side, 300+ pounds, I had it shipped to my work, and then promptly disassembled it to make it more easier to load and unload by myself.

Due to the lack of space in my garage, I put it on a dolly so that I can move it around to gain access to other stuff since it cannot remain staitionary all the time.
Attached Image

+/- .002", not too shabby
Attached Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 05:15 PM