Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT:Enco 3-in-1 Combo Sheet Metal Shear, Roller and Brake? good/bad?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
These are on sale right now and are kinda tempting smash.gif

Enco 3-in-1 metal forming tool
bondo
QUOTE(Mueller @ May 16 2006, 06:34 PM) *

These are on sale right now and are kinda tempting smash.gif

Enco 3-in-1 metal forming tool

Rollers: Marginally useful
Shear: Pretty crappy
Brake: I've seen better brakes on a radio flyer!
So.Cal.914
If you don't have any of these tools, they will work. To make flairs you will need a roller wheel or a big mallet and a pad. smoke.gif
ppickerell
Great addition to your garage shop. Light gage material only on the shear and nothing with temper.
smdubovsky
Never used the Enco. My brother has the ~$200 24" grizzly pan/box brake and it looks to be very well put together. He gives it high reviews. I've seen the sister 3-in-1 @ harbor freight (they are all the same design after all) and it didn't look impressive. I've come to the colclusion that you just have to spend $$$ to get a decent shear (alignment and being able to pretension the blade/bed are crucial.) After you use a big jump shear you'll be spoiled;) Ive never used or played w/ any rolls so I dont know what makes one good or bad (but to be honest, it looks like the easiest machine to fabricate.) Im personally more intersted in the open ended ones that can flange and bead roll.

SMD
Mueller
Finally decided to bite the bullet and buy one, I've been having to make this little .25x.88 parts for work and at 1st I was going over to TonyCs shop to use his top of the line metal shear and then when that became a pain due to the distance I had to travel I made some just using hand shears and then setting up the pieces on my mill to get to a perfect size....what a pain...

The machine is on the heavy side, 300+ pounds, I had it shipped to my work, and then promptly disassembled it to make it more easier to load and unload by myself.

Due to the lack of space in my garage, I put it on a dolly so that I can move it around to gain access to other stuff since it cannot remain staitionary all the time.
Click to view attachment

+/- .002", not too shabby
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.