Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> T4-T1 Swap, How difficult
Jake Raby
post May 18 2006, 06:07 AM
Post #21

Engine Surgeon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,095
Region Association: South East States

So I guess you are going to have to keep preaching to us.

Nope- I'm done...

I will continue to develop the TIV engine as a primary objective, but won't be working on any more 914 specific components.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bd1308
post May 18 2006, 07:14 AM
Post #22

Sir Post-a-lot

Member No.: 3,501

I thought you were already doing that?

I don't see how pulling the plug on the 914 would bring people in your door?

I made this mistake last time in assuming that the kits were to be affected but are the kits going to be affected?

I was going to either get a loan for a 1911 or save up for a kit. Actually I was thinking 2270 if the gas mileage wasnt TOO bad.

b
+Quote Post
Jake Raby
post May 18 2006, 07:35 AM
Post #23

Engine Surgeon

Member No.: 1,095
Region Association: South East States

As I stated, I am not doing any FURTHER development specifically for the 914.. This does not mean that the things we currently have will be impacted, or discontinued.

II know that pulling the plug will not bring people to my door from the 914 world. However it will free up my development time to further specialize in my Type 4 convversion parts and complete engines for the VW and 356/912 following as they appreciate our work.

I have limited my engine menu for the 914 to two choices and it will remain that way (2270 and 2316 only offered as complete engines)

914 specific Engine kits will not be effected, but they will also not be part of further updates in the future. There is only one of me and my time can only be spent in the most beneficial venues for my company and presently the 914 is losing it's aircooled heritage so it's time to move on.

I don't intend to bitch on this thread, if anyone has further questions concerning these changes please PM me- I don't want to get this thread off topic.
+Quote Post
Brando
post May 18 2006, 09:29 AM
Post #24

BUY MY SPARE KIDNEY!!!

Member No.: 2,648
Region Association: Southern California

I could see going with a type one if you wanted a turbocharged 2370cc grenade. I mean, why else would you put it in there? Not for longetivity, not because it runs cooler, and definitely not because it is capable of more hp/torque...

If you want something to "run" while you freshen up your 1.7... Why not just find a 1.8 for dirt cheap nearby, freshen THAT up (or better yet, make it a 1911) then put it in. You're looking at the same cost as a 1.7 rebuild. But on the bright side, when the 1.9 is finished you'll have more hp/torque than a reliable 1911 Type 1 ever could.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 06:24 PM